Gameplay and Balance
- Slightly lowered NX300 damage output against players.
- Slightly raised Sonic Turrent damage output to balance with Flame Turret's extra fire damage.
- Lowered Machine Gun Turret cost to 2500.
- Commanders now get points for a critical assist if player-initiated artillery strike kills an enemy.
- Empire commander ability poison is now differently colored to distinguish between it and Consortium's.
- Commander poison ability now matches description and no longer hurts teammates unless friendly fire is enabled.
- Fixed NX300 not hurting teammates with friendly fire enabled.
- Updated Report a Bug link.
- Added invert mouse wheel zoom option to Options panel.
- Fixed bad password connect error box using lan server error text after a recent update.
- Fixed a bug that allowed malicious servers to execute restricted console commands on players.
- Fixed a bug that allowed malicious servers to prevent players from executing console commands.
- Added sv_allow_addon_override (default 0) to block client addon vpks from overriding game files.
- Added mp_winlimit cvar.
- Added sv_namechange_cooldown_seconds, to throttle clients from changing their name too rapidly. (Defaults to 20 seconds)
- Added check to prevent player names from containing color codes.
- setinfo console command will now reject attempts to set / change convars with any unusual characters
- Tweaked team balancer logic to be smarter about when and whom to move.
- Fixed some exploits where a malicious client could intentionally crash a server.
- Fixed typo in name of research_complete event; added research completion logging.
- Added rate limiting for connections and added the following convars, sv_max_connects_sec, sv_max_connects_window, sv_max_connects_sec_global.
- Fixed being able to use some weapons (mostly throwables) while on ladder or sprinting.
- Fixed in-chair commanders being unable to chat at round end.
- Fixed some issues with wall and barrier collision performance.
- Fixed a bug that allowed server browser network activity to continue after choosing a server.
- Fixed missing effect console error when reloading Avenger.
- Fixed sv_offline console error when going into Offline Practice mode.
- Marked mem_force_flush as a cheat to prevent client exploits.
- Fixed a packet injection exploit in the client/server streams.
- Updated localizations.
Mapping / Modding
- Added numerous functions to the vscript api (see https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/List_of_ND_Script_Functions).
- Added OnResearchUnlockedConsortium and OnResearchUnlockedEmpire outputs to nd_logic_custom ent.
- Added OnConditionAdded and OnConditionRemoved outputs to player. See wiki for value meanings.
- Fixed commanders being able to deploy structures outside of the level in some areas.
- Fixed commanders being able to deploy structures in the parking garage.
- No longer in beta.
- Updated overview.
- Updated loading screen.