The v1.01 patch MUST be installed into the same directory where the full version of the game resides. The
patch installer will attempt to select the correct default for you, and warn you if it thinks it's not where it should be, but if you moved the game files manually, or on certain systems, this automatic selection may not be 100% fail safe. Please doublecheck the installation location BEFORE installing the patch and make sure that you are installing into the correct directory.
After installing the patch correctly, you will NOT be required to activate the game. If you are being asked to
activate your game after installing the patch, then the patch executed incorrectly.
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE:
Save games from v1.00 ARE COMPATIBLE with v1.01, provided that you save your turn-based games in the COMMAND phase (not the replay phase) before upgrading to v1.01.
COMPATIBILITY WITH MODS:
Due to the potential of conflicts with pre v1.01 game Mods, we strongly advise uninstalling any mods prior to installing this Game patch.
"VIRTUAL MACHINES", PROCESS MONITORS AND DEBUGGERS
The game does not run in a Virtual Machine environment. It will also refuse to run if you have various intrusive process monitors or debuggers running at the same time.
CMFI v1.01 WHATS NEW
* Mortars work better with the Target Briefly command.
* Target Briefly command works when attached to waypoints.
* Corrected a problem with marking mines making a unit get 'stuck'.
* Breda M30 LMG reloads more slowly.
* Breda M37 MMG reloads more quickly.
* Easier to delete old saved games.
* Minor corrections to soldier uniform details.
* Clear Target command key is user-configurable.
* Fixed a trick that allowed mortars to retain existing LOF after moving to a blocked position.
* Driver is shown in the PSW 233.
* M3 GMC and T30 halftracks correctly move a crewman to replace a howitzer gunner casualty.
* TacAI makes better decisions about using HE vs. HEAT against building area targets.
* Renault R35 shows correct icon for coaxial MG.
* Corrections to small-arms ammo inside Italian bunkers.
* Corrected an issue that allowed mortars to estimate range-to-target correctly too easily when changing targets.
* Corrected crash bugs at the end game screen, and the command key configuration screen.
* On-map artillery makes proper use of smoke ammunition carried by nearby bearers and vehicles.
* Fixed a problem that caused buddy aid occasionally to adopt the targeting orders of the fallen comrades.
* Small explosions cause less damage to vehicle tracks.
* Corrected a small problem that showed the wrong time length for some battles in the loading screen.
* Corrected a small problem with the command and control icons just after a squad is split.
* Updated shaders.
* Small corrections to models for Sdkfz 231 and 233.
* Corrected a problem with corner handling in the scenario editor's automatic linear terrain tool.
* fixed QB map issues fixed, including AI enemy not moving quickly enough
* some Meeting Engagement maps were re-balanced.