This information is for the v1.11 patch for CM Battle for Normandy and Commonwealth Forces. The v1.11 patch is available in two distinctive versions, one for the PC version of the game, the other for the Mac version of the game. The patch updates both the base game and the Commonwealth Forces module (if you have purchased and installed it).
Please make sure to read the platform specific patch information and to select the correct download links below for the correct platform that you are using.
GENERAL PATCH INFORMATION
This v1.11 patch of CM Battle for Normandy is all inclusive. It can be installed over any previous version of the game, 1.00, 1.01 or 1.10, and it works for both base-game only installs as well as those that have the Commonwealth bundle (you can choose which components to update during installation). Other non-Battlefront versions may not be compatible with this patch.
After installing the patch correctly, you will NOT be required to activate the game.
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE:
Save games from earlier versions ARE COMPATIBLE with v1.11, provided that you save your turn-based games in the COMMAND phase (not the replay phase) before upgrading.
COMPATIBILITY WITH MODS:
Due to the potential of conflicts with pre v1.11 game Mods, we strongly advise uninstalling any mods prior to installing this Game patch.
PLATFORM SPECIFIC PATCH INFORMATION & DOWNLOAD LINKS
PC (Windows XP/Vista/7/8)
The v1.11 patch MUST be installed into the same directory where the full version of the game resides. The patch installer will attempt to select the correct default for you, and warn you if it thinks it's not where it should be, but if you moved the game files manually, or on certain systems, this automatic selection may not be 100% fail safe. Please doublecheck the installation location BEFORE installing the patch and make sure that you are installing into the correct directory.
MAC (SnowLeopard/Lion/Mountain Lion)
The v1.11 patch will prompt you to select the correct location of your v1.00/1.01/1.10 game application. Make sure to select the correct subfolder, if any!
Note: if you purchased the game via the AppStore, do NOT use this patch. Your game will be patched through the AppStore updates exclusively.
NEW v1.11 GAME FEATURES
* Corrected crashes related to barbed wire units.
* Corrected a rare crash/hang problem in WeGo "blue bar" calculation.
* Corrected the occasional failure of "buddy aid" to retrieve useful ammo from fallen comrades, and accidentally to adopt their targeting orders.
* Corrected a problem that sometimes made fortifications too hard or too easy to spot.
* Panther "shot trap" on the lower turret mantlet (potentially) deflects shots downward into the hull as expected.
* British 95mm HEAT shell has correct amount of internal explosive (reduced from before).
* Corrected a problem in WeGo mode that sometimes caused vehicle passengers to rotate forward when they should not.
* TCP/IP "chat" text is easier to see clearly.
* Teams that are part of a squad properly retain their setup positions from the editor.
* SPW 250/10 and 251/9 halftrack loaders perform correctly when vehicle is buttoned.
* Wood bunkers are a bit tougher to knock out.
* Corrected a problem that sometimes gave on-map artillery the ability to shoot through intervening terrain.
* Corrected a problem that sometimes incorrectly restricted on-map artillery from firing smoke missions.
* Targeting a TRP directly using the mouse works correctly.
* Corrected a problem that occasionally caused a destroyed building to have "floating" rubble.
* Prone soldiers on a slope angle their bodies correctly.
* Bolt-action rifles properly show the spent casing ejected when the bolt is operated.
* Corrected an issue with command & control values being promptly updated when splitting a squad.
* Tiny explosions don't damage tank tracks so much.
* Corrected some AI issues that caused soldiers to move away from their teams, or caused the team to be "stuck" and not move when they should.
* In the editor, hedges allow co-placement of trees like bocage does.
* Light wounds to crew are slightly more likely to cause AFV bailout.
* Corrections made to Luftwaffe and Waffen SS camouflage helmets.
* Updated graphical shaders.
* Updated vehicle models (Commonwealth module): Wespe, PzII Lynx, Marder I, King Tiger, Jagdpanther, Cromwell, Churchill.
On the Mac side, there were Mac specific graphical and stability fixes:
- Fixed "blockheads" problem.
- Increased performance significantly for most Macs.
- Fixed some bugs that were keeping Combat Mission from starting on some Macs.
- Improved compatibility with some integrated Mac video cards.
- Fixed "flickering icons" for most Macs.
- Fixed some Mac-specific crash bugs.