- New Control Method
Holding TAB will bring up the new Task Manager
Icons are clicked instead of drawing gestures
Keyboard shortcuts added for all important actions
Camera zoom modified to be smoother/nicer (cutscenes and zoom key pressed)
Note: Old gesture based system can be selected from the Controls menu
Alt-tab no longer bound by window when in Icon mode
- Selection Box changes:
- The yellow selection arrows will now fade in at 200m, rather than 400m
- The yellow selection arrows will be rendered beneath the Task Manager
- Highlighting a unit or entity in the world will now highlight the appropriate task manager icon
- Conversely, highlighting a task manager icon will now highlight the appropriate unit or entity in the world
- Fixed : The yellow selection arrows would leave a square around them that would prevent the game cursor from being rendered.
- Fixed : If squaddies were killed, the yellow selection square would go very large for around 2 seconds before resizing properly
- Added the option "Show First Time Intro" to the Bootloaders option on the Other options panel. If selected this will cause the first time intro sequence to play the next time you start Darwinia.
- Rendering changes:
- Offscreen culling improved for Generator buildings
Spirit Receiver buildings
- Sepulveda's highlights are now correctly depth sorted
- Improvements made to movement smoothness of many objects including:
laser rendering smoothness
mine cart movement smoothness
- Research items will now have their blue control line to heaven rendered, even when the item itself is out of view
- Editor changes:
- When moving a land tile, all buildings on that tile will move the same amount. You can enable/disable this from an option in the land tiles menu.
- Fixed : Bug with editor which would create radar dish links erroniously if the first building created on the level was a Radar Dish.
- Fixed : Editor would crash if a Power building (eg a Solar panel or Pylon) had an invalid building link, eg if the target building had been deleted.
- If you create a Centipede that is not in a unit the game will now tell you not to do this, before exiting. Previously it would just crash.
- Squaddie changes:
- Squaddies will now look after themselves a little better when not under direct player control (chance of attacking doubled)
- Squaddies are now impervious to water. They still can't walk through it, but it won't kill them if they try.
- The icon for a running Squad now shows how many Squaddies are left alive
- Save system changes:
- Will now save your currently running programs, eg your Squads, Engineers
- Fixed a bug that made Virii units reload vastly more spread out