There are a number of improvements that have been made to the Balancing of the game, which will change the way that the game is played.
* Spear bonuses against cavalry have been increased (they were previously hard coded and are now moddable, in addition to mount_effect)
* Braced spearmen (standing ready) now reflect part of any attacking cavalry’s charge bonus back on the horse
* Adjusted most units’ charge bonuses to improve play balance (especially for cavalry) in response to charge code changes (which fixed an issue for higher bonus values)
* Reduced archery attack for some elite units
* Reduced secondary non-phalanx attack for stronger phalanx units
* Adjusted incorrect shield attribute for several units (to reflect models)
* Fixed Egyptian desert axemen armour
* Fixed bug for early and late Thracian and Scythian generals
* Reduced archer attack from chariots and elephants, and reduced dog attack
We fixed a number of different bugs and associated issues for the patch, below you will see some of the headline fixes.
There have been numerous fixes to the Campaign Map. There are a few highlights below.
* The Load Save bug has been addressed
* The speed on the campaign map has been improved
* Improvements to the Campaign map AI
* Better mix of rebelling units, including mercenary units and fewer peasants
* Fewer brigands, more pirates and the ability to mod the rate that these appear
* Fixed issues with the faction graphs where a dead faction was still receiving income
As with the campaign map there have been numerous little fixes. A few highlights are:
* Improvements to the battle AI
* Pre-battle speeches for the Roman factions now include sections on previous meetings with that faction
This will enable users to play Multiplayer against other players who have upgraded their version of Rome with a Barbarian Invasion Install.