This update for QUAKE 4 addresses issues found in both multiplayer of changes and additions is included below. For future updates and more information about the game, please visit the official game website at http://www.quake4game.com
If you require additional QUAKE 4 technical support, please see the help system that is included with the game, or visit the official game website at http://www.quake4game.com
NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the QUAKE 4 directory be removed before installing this update. These modifications are not supported by Activision and may not be compatible with some of the new features that are included in the patch.
FIXES & UPDATES IN 184.108.40.206:
- Copied map files can now be overwritten/deleted without quitting first.
- The console command "com_allowconsole" will stay set after leaving the game.
- Improved Game Browser sorting and filtering: You can sort by up to three criteria, which will be displayed just under the server list, with the more recently clicked criteria sorting first. For example, to sort by ping time, then number of players, then gametype, click them in the reverse order:
Click "GAMETYPE," then "PLAYERS," then "PING." The server list will be sorted by the fastest ping, then the servers with the fewest players, then the gametype. Clicking a category more than once will keep its position as the primary sorting criteria, but will change the sorting order. After cycling through all available sort types, clicking the category a final time will remove it from the sorting. Each criteria has specific behavior with one or two clicks, as listed:
Favorite Server: Display only favorites, or only non-favorites.
Password Enabled: Display only locked server, or only unlocked servers.
Dedicated Server: Display only Dedicated servers, or only Listen servers.
Punkbuster Enabled: Display only PB-enabled servers, or only PB- disabled servers.
Server Name: Sort server names A to Z, or Z to A.
Ping: Sort by ping Low to High, or High to Low.
Players: Sort by Players High to Low, High to Low (non-full),
Low to High, or Low to High (non-empty).
Gametype: Sort by Deathmatch, Team DM, Tournament, CTF, or
Map: Sort by map CTF1 to DM9, or DM9 to CTF1.
- The Game Browser now displays more than 1000 servers.
- Fixed a problem with the refresh time on the Game Browser.
- Added a Game Browser filter for full or empty servers.
- Players can now connect to a server while the Game Browser is refreshing.
- Game Browser sorting will display the correct server information without the need to refresh the list.
- Clicking anywhere on the scrollbar except the button itself will advance a page up or down instead of shifting to that position.
- Non-full server sorting now disregards full servers.
- Game Browser hover window updates when sort order is changed.
- Fixed a Game Browser slowdown issue with high numbers of servers.
- Added Game Browser server list scrolling with the mousewheel, keyboard arrows up/down, and keyboard Page Up/Page Down.
- The Game Browser hover window will only appear when mousing over a highlighted server.
- Sorting by server name will now ignore colored names, brackets, etc.
- The dedicated server window will now be titled with the si_name setting instead of "Quake 4".