This patch supersedes all the previous patches and can be installed over any version whether it has been previously patched or not.
- Four new death match\team death match maps have been added
- Three new cooperative maps have been added
- Ability to search all types of multiplayer games simultaneously
- Command Line parameter ‘-nouimovie’ available to disable the movie in the user interface.
- Game setting overrides now applied on patching
- certain settings are not compatible with some hardware. The game will now detect these when run and set these settings to known working values. Users can subsequently change these settings should they so desire, as the new settings value ‘SettingsSyncTag’ logs whether the values have been updated.
- New shader option added
- A new shader pipeline has been added on this patch. What was previously called 'High' shader quality is now called 'Highest'. 'High' shader quality now refers to the new shader pipeline. The new pipeline offers similary visual quality to the 'Highest' setting, but has better performance and is available across a broader range of graphics cards.
- Overbright glow on nVidia 6600GT or 6200TC with 8x.xx drivers
- A temporary workaround has been provided to resolve the overbright glow until nVidia release updated drivers. The workaround is controlled by the "EnableNVIDIAGlowFix" setting in the Global.settings file and will be set to '1' for the cards listed. Once new drivers are available, this should be deactivated manually by changing the setting to '0’ as it has a minor effect on performance. To deactivate the workaround follow the steps below:
1. Open the "global.settings" file found in the My Documents\Empire Interactive\SST\Settings folder using a text editor
2. Locate the "EnableNVIDIAGlowFix" field (located under the "Other" field)
3. Change the value from '1' to '0'
- Fixed crashes resulting from using the Audigy series of cards with the latest drivers
- Stopped player spawning on subsequent rounds until they select 'Join'
- Permanent stay health pack cheat fixed
- Fixed crash at application initialisation if user switches to a monitor/graphics card which does not support the currently chosen resolution / refresh rate
- Multiplayer opponents no longer appear to shake when climbing ladders
- Fixed bug in multiplayer where particle systems were not being correctly communicated to clients