NVIDIA ForceWare 81.98 WHQL Drivers for Windows XP/2000
The following are changes made and issues resolved since driver version 81.95:
Single GPU Issues Resolved
• Removed the Direct Access functionality from the driver user interface.
• Low Viewperf 8.01 scores occur with Dual Core and dual processor systems.
• Dual Core Processors: Corel Paint Shop Pro X does not work.
• Rendering problems occur in Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
• GeForce 7 Series: Ground textures in Flight Simulator 2004 do not render correctly when using “Ultra High” settings.
• GeForce 7800 GTX 512: The system cannot resume from Standby.
• GeForce 7800 GTX/GT: Running F.E.A.R. hangs the system on the Apple 30ʺ Cinema display when Monitor Scaling is used.
• GeForce 7800 GTX/GT, GeForce 6800/6600: Ground and water textures are corrupted when zooming out in Civilization 4.
• GeForce 7800 GTX/GT, GeForce 6800: Shadows fail to render in Splinter Cell 1.
• Dual GeForce 7800 GTX/GT: Everquest 2 launches to a black screen when antialiasing is set to 2xQ at 1920 x 1200 resolution.
• GeForce 7800 GTX 512: Chronicles of Riddick does not run at resolutions higher than 800x600.
• GeForce 7800, GeForce 6800: Corruption is seen in Flight Simulator 2004.
• GeForce 7800 GTX, GeForce 6800, Quadro FX 4500: The system slows down with the Liquid Edition SD time line.
• GeForce 6800: Wrong colors appear when playing QuickTime trailers using the non-native video resolution.
• GeForce 6800 Ultra / GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Battlefield 2 has corruption or crashes when a player switches from zoomed commander view to zoomed sniper view.
• GeForce 6800: Shimmering or cropping of the full-screen video mirror occurs when covering the video window with another window.
• GeForce 6150/6100, Windows XP Media Center Edition: The driver does not recognize display connection changes that occur during a system shutdown.
• GeForce 6100/6150, Windows Media Center Edition 2005 Update Rollup 2: HD modes are listed as available when a TV is connected using S-Video.
• GeForce 6150/6100, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005: The display remains inactive when resuming from Suspend mode.
• GeForce FX 5200: Textures disappear in CrimeLife v105.
• GeForce4 Ti 4200, Windows 98: Java applications crash when calling OpenGL.
SLI-Related Issues Resolved
• GeForce 7800 GTX 512, SLI: In Battlefield 2 and other applications, screen corruption occurs with SLI AA enabled.
• GeForce 7800 GTX, SLI: Everquest 2 launches to a black screen when antialiasing s set to 2xQ.
• GeForce 6800, SLI: There is pausing in Colin McRae Rally 5 when SLI is enabled.
• GeForce 6800, SLI: Corruption occurs on the golf course in Tiger Woods 2006 with 2x antialiasing enabled.
• GeForce 6800, SLI: The desktop doesnʹt refresh after exiting Black and White 2.
• GeForce 6800, SLI: Nothing appears below the SLI load balancing line in 3DMark05 when SLI AA is enabled.
• GeForce 6600 VE, SLI: “Lack of video bridge” error message appears when enabling SLI without the SLI connector.
• GeForce 6600, Windows XP, SLI: The system occasionally hangs when playing Everquest 2.
• GeForce 6600, Windows XP, SLI: When the quality level is set to Extreme Quality, EverQuest 2 does not render correctly with 4x antialiasing enabled at 1600x1200.