WARNING: This patch is BETA code, it is NOT officially supported by Bugbear Entertainment or Empire Interactive. The patch ONLY works with the European version and German version of FlatOut 2. It DOES NOT WORK with the North American version.
You may experience issues and bugs with this patch. Please report any issues you experience with this patch at http://forum.empireinteractive.com under FlatOut 2 Forum / FlatOut 2 PC PC gamers. Specify that you are running the BETA patch.
An official patch will be released soon when we have received feedback on the beta patch.
Unzip all the files into the root of the installed folder (by default this is C:\Program Files\Empire Interactive\FlatOut2) and run the game as normal.
WARNING: If you experience any issues with the BETA patch, uninstall the full game then browse your installed folder (by default this is C:\Program Files\Empire Interactive\FlatOut2) and manually delete the following two files: patch & patch1.bfs
 NEW FEATURES
- Voice chat added
- Text chat added for the European version
- Bandwidth detection, and adjustments to the network send bandwidth
- Players are not disconnected if a race starts when they are not ready, instead they can wait in the lobby until the next race
- Improved prediction of remote cars in multiplayer games
- Simple cheat detection added for modified data and known hacks
- The list of multiplayer games extended to show 100 games instead of 25
- Only one kick vote can be initiated per race for the same player
- Return to the list of multiplayer games when you exit the lobby and have previously been searching for a game
- The draw distance for dynamic objects increased
- Aspect ratio option added, widescreen support
- Manual gearbox option added
- Userdata added to network objects that can be used when making game modifications
- New command line options added (see below, in COMMAND LINE OPTIONS)
 BUG FIXES
- Fix for joining behind NAT devices
- Fix for crash when refreshing the list of games
- Fix for joining games that are just about to start
- Fix for derby hang, when all other players disconnect before the derby starts
- Fix for a hang when exiting the session at the same time as someone else is joining
- Fix for the sorting of the list of multiplayer games. Now it sorts games in the lobby, with the games with least amount of players first
- Fix for packet relaying between machines that cannot connect directly, now it uses bandwidth and latency for that
- Fix for disconnects or crashes in stunt modes with low bandwidth
- Fix for crash at the game start, just after the race has loaded
- Fix for crash in races or derbies when more than one player gets disconnected at almost the same time
- Fix for crash when searching for multiplayer games, and there's too many games in the list
- Fix for a cheat where you are able to wreck the same player multiple times in derbies
- Fix for time synchronization bug, when the PC clocks are running at different speed, caused the "No other players in the game" message to appear at the start of races
- Longer timeout for joining, it was failing before due to timeouts in certain cases
- Fix for the last character not appearing in the text chat for the North American version
- Fix for text chat when the player names contains number for the North American version
- Fixed a crash in the loading screen
- Force feedback improved a bit
- Fix for disappearing car in the desert town track
- Fix for tournaments skipping races
- Player details cannot be selected for players that are not fully connected
- Fix for kicked players being able to join the same game again
- Hardcoded 10% deadzone removed for steering wheels
 OUTSTANDING PROBLEMS
- Black/White screen at the start of races. It's unsure if this is fixed or not, as an effect of some of the other fixes.
- Sound issues with Creative sound cards. Use the WaveOut option in the game configuration to work around this problem.
- Engine sound too low in some cases. WaveOut might fix this problem too.
- Game freezes in mini-games with AMD dual core processors.