What is new in BOB v2.05?
2. Advanced flight modeling with authentic spins and departed flight characteristics
3. Improved Stability and CTD reduction with stronger gameplay in both Instant Action and the Campaign
4. AI (Artificial Intelligence) Advancement / improvements, including tougher engagements, simulated fear, and spin recovery techniques based on skill
5. Faster loading times
6. Improved visual effects and sound
7. Blue Six's FM as the BoBII default (for the first time ever)
8. Fixes and general improvements
Detailed list of changes in BOBv2.05
1. Reduce Wind effect by 75% default (bdg.txt parameter Wind_Effects_Fraction= 0.25 if users want as is today set to 1.00 )
2. Delete Wind Gust (causes jumps/warps in AI’s performance)
3. Exclude Ju87 from Gearup Call
4. Fix Ju87 Takeoff in Novice from Tangmere
5. Prevent CTD, in TargetClosureGreaterThan
6. Prevented Campaign from being used with Novice AI
7. Reduced the Number of Fighter blowups to less than 10%
8. Prevented CTD in RemoveFromSector when sector is NULL
9. I have added a Novice_Gunnery_Predictor feature (Bdg.txt control) You must padlock a target for the predictor to work. This is a rather cool feature to sharpen you deflection shooting practice and for newbies to learn and practice. A big red X is drawn where you need to shoot to hit the enemy AI. You can rotate through the enemy AI using the F1 key or your Wingmen AI using the F2 key. You will then see a big stick figure A/C that reflects the AI damage and a red line that reflects the AI ammo. The small stick A/C reflect the enemy AI ( below) the friendly AI (above). The red small stick A/C means damaged and the black small stick A/C means undamaged. Thanks to Retro for this.
10. Prevented crashes on the runway at air fields (the age old ObjectAdds renaming workaround problem)
11. MultiSkin Switch in the BDG.txt added (4 positions see bdg.txt) (Osram)
12. MultiSkin preload added for 250M video card (Osram)
13. MultiSkin preload added for 128M video card (Osram)
14. Added code to smooth the scissor maneuvre
15 Added BDG.txt Rain (off/on) switch for inclement weather at user request
16. Fix/prevented CTD in AssignFuelTruck()
17. Added Transition to the end of Disengage Maneuvre
18. Added the new Bdg.txt parameter DEATH_BREAKS_PADLOCK feature thanks to Retro who stated it some years ago. With a target padlocked and DEATH_BREAKS_PADLOCK=OFF you can watch your kill all the way to the ground and see the explosion. If DEATH_BREAKS_PADLOCK=ON the padlock will break shortly after you kill your target. The default for DEATH_BREAKS_PADLOCK is OFF.
19. Prevented a CTD in DecisionMessage (non-repeatable)
20. Added Bdg.txt parameters for “Spin” control of both the player’s and AI’s A/C
Player_Spin_AOA_Control = 17.500 (degrees default)
Player_Spin_Rotational_Velocity_Control = 14.325 (degrees/Sec. default)
AI_Spin_AOA_Control = 17.500 (degrees default)
AI_Spin_Rotational_Velocity_Control = 14.325 (degrees/Sec. default)
21. Fixed TrackIR ID 7001 (Thanks to Retro)
22. Fixed VE Center Position in Spit (thanks to Retro)
23. Fixed AssignFuelTruck CTD back in Auto_Land
24. Fixed CTD in NodeData caused by a bad pointer
25. Fixed 128MB Video card VRAM issue (Osram)
26. Fixed CTD when selecting Historic Kenley mission for low Alt Do17 then selecting Cabbage5
27. Suppress the Unresolved UIDS error in BFIELDS. Can not be any worse than now
28. Added Bdg.txt AI_Always_Sees_Enemy so the AI A/C will be seen (default=OFF) which can be used to assist the “engage” issues.
29. Added Bdg.tx Wingmen_Always_Sees_Enemy so the wingmen will always see the enemy AI when a R-3-1 (bandits) is issued (default=OFF)
30. Implemented a “attack my target” which is a last resort “engage” using the R-3-5 (Help) so that your wingmen will attack a fight of enemy AI’s when you have first padlocked an enemy AI A/C.
31. Fixed the peel off maneuver so it will fly directly toward the enemy target after the peel off for a more timely engage.
32. Fixed Hurricane white nose with Multiskin
33. Moved Hurricane pilot forward
34. Added "version 2.05" to the opening UI screen
35. Adjusted LOD for HANGR2
36. Improved ground explosions with more dynamic shockwaves and fireballs
37. Improved bullet ground hit effects
38. Optimized burning trail effects for better framerates
39. Fixed all the disengage bugs so the wingmen AI A/C and enemy AI A/C stay engaged and fight until the “go Home” criteria is met (no Ammo, low fuel, or major damage that prevents a good fight, and skill). AI pilot skill will be used as a Go Home criteria using a random number process. The lower skill pilots will tend to “chicken out” and go home much sooner than the higher skilled pilots.
40. Fixed a personal threat smoothing issue where an AI has a hit or near miss on a target by adding a transition (old method had no transition so jumps could occur depending the state of the maneuver when the personal threat shot was taken).
41. Fix a CTD GetWeaponLauncher caused by a null pointer.
42. Added the “blrtp” (behave like Rowand Type Plane) feature as a step along the path to being able to add new A/C without having to change C++ code.
43. Fixed repeat CTD and the funny loading screen issue
44. Added a Bdg.txt parameter Longer_IA_Fights = ON/OFF which is used to select longer (time wise) Instant Action Fights or Shorter (Go Home Sooner) IA Fights. If the longer fights are selected the enemy AI will GoHome base on the GoHome criteria (fuel,ammo,damage, random skill level (poor pilots chicken out faster). If the shorter fights are selected the enemy will fight based on the A/C’s fuel safety margin (which is about 10 minutes in combat). We truly love customer options…………………The default is Longer_IA_Fights = ON.
45. Added a Skill criteria based on pilot skill to the Go Home Criteria (a random process but in general the lower skill level will stop fighting and go home sooner
46. Fixed a CTD in SelectView
47. Added several new features for video makers. A special video / screenie making documentation should ship soon.
48. Sped up loading of missions (unless of course you load a lot more due to MultiSkin).
49. Added a Bdg.txt parameter Do_You_Want_AI_AC_To_Spin where the customer can select if he wants his AI A/C to spin according to his selected/specified spin parameters (see # 20) exactly like the player’s A/C..
50. Fixed Buffet sound problem when Gear is down thanks to Scott’s testing
51. Added 3 new Bdg.txt parameters to control AI pilot Spins
(1) Spin_AISkill_LessOrEqual_Regular = 200 #In Cseconds (100xSec),the Delay before AI Spin Recovery for Novice,Poor, and Regular)
(2) Spin_AISkill_Equal_Veteran = 150 #In Cseconds (100xSec),the Delay before AI Spin Recovery for Veteran)
(3)Spin_AISkill_GreaterOrEqual_Ace = 100 #In Cseconds (100xSec),the Delay before AI Spin Recovery for Ace and Hero)
52. Fix the Credits to not show version number.
53. Fixed the EXE to show version 2.05
54. Fixed the 2.05 AI pursuit/attack problem.
55. Fixed/Recoded the maneuver selection process for the RAF fighters attacking bombers so that the fighter maneuver more effectively and make fewer straight in attacks. The result was fewer RAF losses and the gunners have a tougher target to hit.
56. Fixed a bug where the multi-AI were targeting the player killing him off quickly
57. Reworked and tuned the Smoothing feature code and added testing variables to the bdg.txt
58. Osram identified and fixed a memory leak.
59. Scott implemented a new artificial horizon indicator (H key)
60. Tried to balance the ME109/ME110 AI shooting (was shooting cannons only) so that it equals the Spit/Hurr shooting (workaround fix).
61. Implemented a new choice for visual effects for the user – Realistic or Enhanced
* Terrain Improvements
1 Cures the flying cliffs on the Isle of Wight: Hurricane Hicken
2 Mapping the Pas de Calais region of France: Don E Brooke, Heini, Hurricane Hicken, PV. Especially PV!
3 The Cerne Abbas giant and Maiden castle in Dorset: Hurricane Hicken
4 Removes animals from all Fighter Command airfields: Hurricane Hicken
5 Harbour to Folkestone: PV
6 Removes flashes of sea in several places: HH
7 Raise FPS slightly and improve looks at Tangmere, Kenley and Biggin Hill: HH
8 Puts Stonehenge in it's proper place: HH, PV
9 Improved the North of England,with some of Derbyshire mapped: HH
10 Stop roads going over woods at several places near Kenley airfield: HH
11 Northern France. New SRTM height data added from Coquelles to just South of Boulogne: PV
12 Rebuilt Dover. Area around Dover was corrupted, so tile could not be worked on: PV
13 East Kent. New SRTM height data added: HH
14 Corrected RDF stations locations and changed CHL to be CHL stations, and CH to be CH stations: HH
15 Kenley Hangers rotated correctly: HH
16 Layout of CH stations modified to be more historic: HH
17 Objects added for Boulogne harbour: HH
18 Minor fix to cliffs near Brighton Pier:HH
19 Objects for Folkestone Harbour: HH
20 Isle of Sheppey (Eastchurch airfield). New SRTM height data added: HH
21 Isle of Sheppey. New objects added: HH
22 Lewis guns removed from Biggin Hill and Lympne airfields as they may cause problems: HH
23 Relocated Pembrey airfield, as it was on on a random hill! HH
24 New French objects and relaid out existing ones to match new French Terrain: Jeff 'Stickman' Stickley
25 Moved Colerne airfield: HH