Publisher Lighthouse Interactive and Dutch developer Vstep, today released a new patch with version number 1.7. for Ship Simulator 2006.
The patch comes in twofold:
Full update: 1.0. -> 1.7. (includes all previous upgrades and patches).
Partial update: 1.6. -> 1.7. (For updating from the current latest patch, as well as from Ship Simulator 2006 Collectors Edition).
The following features and fixes are included in version 1.7.:
- Added 'Rate of Turn' indicator in GPS Panel.
- Now bridge controls are usable anywhere on the ship in walkthrough mode.
- Pressing TAB will now remove all menus, for a clean image.
- Added bridge sound (_audio folder in installation root, where you could put any mp3 file).
- New player ship: small surface boat, used for assisting tugs, with on-board controls and walkthrough option.
- Support for the new Saitek AV8R-01controller with the two levers, which allows the 2 engines to be controlled separately on ships with 2 engines.
- Percentage indicators next to engine levers and steering control.