WARNING! The following patch is only for the Battlefront.com version of the game. If you purchased the game from Paradox Interactive, in a retail store, or if you downloaded the game from Gamersgate.com, DO NOT INSTALL THIS PATCH!!! Instead, download the v1.04 patch specific to the Paradox or Gamersgate version.
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE:
Save games created with earlier versions of the game are NOT compatible with v1.04. Please finish your in-progress games before applying this patch.
--v1.04 Patch Features--
* CM:SF is multi-processor/multi-core friendly. Workarounds like "setting affinity" to single-processor are no longer needed.
* Improved frame rate, especially on large maps.
* Improved vehicle pathfinding.
* Various "stuck units" problems fixed.
* Corrected a problem with shots coming through ridgelines.
* Soldiers are much quicker to take up fighting stances and/or open fire when reaching a movement destination.
* When ordered to stop moving, soldiers halt immediately rather than look for best positions. This helps them avoid unnecessary casualties.
* Vehicles correctly respond to non-Movement Commands assigned to Waypoints.
* Area fire versus buildings properly spreads fire versus all locations on the indicated level.
* Soldiers are more likely to move through breaches blasted in building walls rather than close by doorways.
* The TacAI is generally more likely to open fire, especially with heavy grenade launchers. Previously the TacAI tried too hard to conserve ammunition.
* Troops do a better job facing in the direction implied by the end of a movement path.
* Troops cannot disembark through walls.
* "Target Light" works properly for infantry.
* Corrected a problem where a vehicle would button up due to incoming small arms fire, but then become overly reluctant to fire its own weapons.
* Corrected a problem where troops would not exit a vehicle because some other troops onboard were considered blocking exits even though they were not.
* When units are pinned (i.e. they can shoot but will not respond to movement orders) it is shown in the suppression meter display.
* Corrected some problems where teams within a squad were not properly coordinated for movement.
* Smoke grenades don't damage vehicles.
* Grenades are used properly (fixed a bug that made the range used too short).
* Antitank weapons like Javelins are less likely to be used during area fire (except versus buildings).
* Improved ground textures.
* Distant terrain looks smoother and less "blocky".
* Trenches and roads show up better at longer distances.
* Map elevations are displayed more accurately when viewed from long distances.
* Brush terrain is drawn out to greater distance.
* Computer player won't hold armored vehicles back so far in the rear.
* Antitank specialist is more likely to be the man who picks up an antitank weapon (say, when unloading a Javelin from a Stryker).
* Moving vehicles have reduced spotting capability.
* Blown-out building walls don't cause lots of ricochets as if the wall was still there.
* Fixed a bug that caused problems with splitting squads multiple times in turn-based games.
* Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a crash during game-save.
* Corrected a problem where multi-unit selecting a shaken/panicked unit would cause the multi-unit select to be canceled.
* Stryker smoke is now the correct color (white).
* "Game Paused" message is smaller and less obtrusive.