Combat Mission: Shock Force v1.05 Battlefront Version Game Patch (All Inclusive)
WARNING! The following patch is only for the Battlefront.com release versions of the game (v1.01, v1.02, v1.03 or v1.04). If you purchased the game from Paradox Interactive, in a retail store, or if you downloaded the game from Gamersgate.com, DO NOT INSTALL THIS PATCH!!! Instead, download the v1.05 patch specific to the Paradox or Gamersgate version.
This patch is all inclusive and includes all the fixes from the earlier v1.02, v1.03 and v1.04 patches.
If you install this patch and then get an error message when trying to run the game that says, "This application has failed to start because elicen40.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." then you have applied the wrong patch for your game version and will need to download and apply either the v1.05 Paradox Version Game Patch or the v1.05 Gamersgate Version Game Patch.
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE:
Save games created with earlier versions of the game are NOT compatible with v1.05. Please finish your in-progress games before applying this patch.
CUSTOM HOTKEYS.TXT NOTE
If you had assigned custom hotkeys in the past (available in v1.02, v1.03 and v1.04) then you will want to backup your Data\hotkeys.txt file before installing this patch. Once the patch is installed, simply paste your copy of hotkeys.txt file back into the Data folder and you will still have all of your old hotkey assignments.
* Two new Mod Tools (RezExplode and RezPack) along with a 'how-to' doc file included in the Mod Tools directory. These files allow modification to various game sound and graphics files located in the data .brz files.
* Two new Scenarios (Following the Euphrates and Guarding the Far Flank). Note: Scenario text has been localized for German and English languages. All other language versions of the game will display these scenarios in English.
* Eight all new Quick Battle Maps plus Seven updated and improved original Quick Battle Maps.
* Added all of the Quick Battle Maps for Spanish language version.
v1.05 NEW FEATURES:
* Flashes of light appear on objects near gunfire, explosions, rocket/missile flame, and burning vehicles at night and in low-light conditions.
* When placing a Target order, the LOS line turns yellow if it's generally clear, but not perfectly so. This means either *some* soldiers in the spotting unit may not have a clear LOS or *some* of the target zone may not be visible.
* If you point the cursor at a weapon in the "soldier display" user interface panel, the name of the weapon is displayed and that soldier is subtly highlighted in the main 3D display.
* A radio "squawk" sound plays when reinforcements arrive, when a "Touch" objective is touched, and when internet/LAN chat messages arrive.
* Artillery and air support targeting lines "highlight" to match the currently selected support unit in the "roster" view, so you can see who is shooting where.
* Added a hotkey to toggle camera shake on/off.
* Soldiers do a better job moving to the "near" side of an exterior building corner not "beyond" it.
* Soldiers do a better job recovering important weapons and equipment from fallen comrades.
* Soldiers do a better job regrouping when separated from team members.
* Soldiers will make minor position adjustments to gain clear line of fire when possible.
* Soldiers using Hunt movement react quicker to incoming fire.
* Improved ammo selection logic versus armored targets whose armor has a mix of strong and weak points.
* During the process of placing waypoints, if you choose the Face command the last waypoint will automatically be highlighted so the Face command will apply to that last waypoint, not the current position. You are still able to manually select a waypoint and issue a Face order from there.
* Heavy weapons may now Deploy their weapons on rooftops.
* Marksmen, SAW and MG gunners open fire at longer ranges.
* M4A1 and AK-74 series small arms have effective range increased to 500m (from 400m). M4A1 rifle with scope effective range increased to 750m (from 600m).
* Troops try not to fire more than one guided missile at a time against a single enemy vehicle.
* Crew and passenger survivability increased when vehicles are knocked out, especially for Strykers, Bradleys, and M1 Abrams.
* Effectiveness of slat armor versus RPGs is increased.
* When acquiring (passenger) antitank weapons from a vehicle, infantry units use better logic to give "important" antitank weapons (e.g. Javelin) to the antitank specialist, even if it means he must swap other antitank weapons that are less important (e.g. M136/AT4) with other soldiers.
* Conscript and green troops have less discipline to conserve ammunition.
* It's slightly easier to spot soldiers who are firing their weapons than before.
* Buildings are harder to demolish by explosions.
* Accuracy of M229 Hydra-70 air-to-ground rockets (carried by US helicopters) is improved.
* Squads and Teams with orders to embark-move to a vehicle that has movement orders normally move to the spot where the vehicle has also been ordered to move, in order to meet up at the destination. However, if the vehicle is currently under "pause" orders, the squad/team will move directly to the vehicle's current location.
* Gunners on vehicles with autoloaders (M1128 Stryker MGS and T-72 tank) are less likely to switch over to using the MG immediately after firing the main gun.
* "Unit Lock" camera angles are improved, and track a vehicle's turret more than its hull facing.
* When a targeted unit disappears from line of sight, the targeting order is canceled (there is no longer a target line to the vanished unit's actual location)
* For nearby trees, the Alt-T tree hiding option does not hide the tree entirely; it just hides the leaves.
* When plotting artillery and air strikes, an invalid map click (e.g. out of LOS) is simply ignored rather than bouncing you out of the input sequence.
* You can embark troops on a vehicle by clicking the vehicle's icon (as well as the vehicle itself).
* Control-clicks on buildings move the camera position just like control-clicks on terrain (this feature is switched off inside the editor).
v1.05 BUG FIXES:
* Line of sight to buildings and rooftops works correctly now.
* Corrected a bug that allowed LOS/LOF to pass through the tops of tall walls.
* Corrected a problem that sometimes allowed spotting of vehicles through buildings.
* Corrected a "stuck soldier" animation issue (e.g. a soldier who could not move out of a trench).
* Corrected issues where individual soldiers would incorrectly move away from their teams.
* Improved stability for Internet/LAN games.
* Corrected a problem where some members of a vehicle team would take an unrealistically long time to bail out.
* When firing antitank rockets and missiles, soldiers who are not antitank specialists receive an accuracy or guidance penalty (exception: "secondary" launchers like the M136/AT4 and the RPG-18 can be fired by anyone without penalty).
* Corrected a problem where certain external doors to buildings would never be used.
* Soldiers make proper use of "interior" doors and open spaces between building units instead of moving the long way around.
* "Group box selecting" works better in Elite mode.
* Grenades explode correctly on building roofs.
* Vehicles are not shielded by hiding behind knocked-out armored vehicles.
* Smoke from a burning vehicle does not block mouse clicks to place waypoints.
* Fixed a bug that caused battles in Elite mode, on maps with lots of trees, to run very slowly.
* Corrected a problem in Elite mode where one could spot friendly soldiers but not the vehicle they are riding in, causing the look of "levitating troops".
* Vehicles with badly shot-up engines and/or running gear (but not quite immobilized) can still move (at a very slow pace) up hill or in rough terrain.
* Corrected a slight aiming problem versus buildings as area fire targets.
* Victory points are awarded for an "Occupy" objective only if the objective is totally cleared of enemy troops and friendly troops remain inside the objective at the end of the game.
* Corrected some problems with awarding points for Destroy, Preserve, and Touch Terrain Objectives.
* Fixed a crash problem that affected artillery in internet/LAN games.
* In turn-based mode replay, the 3D icon for vehicles does not prematurely show an infantry symbol if the vehicle is destroyed in that turn.
* Fixed a bug where in turn-based playback, sometimes a vehicle passenger's position would "lag" slightly behind the moving vehicle.
* Fixed various problems with 3D objects not reverting to their original states when replaying a turn-based turn's resolution.
* Soldiers animate correctly when prone and turning to the left; when exiting down a vehicle ramp; and at the start of the play-by-email replay phase.
* Corrected a problem where some squads suddenly lost Command & Control for no good reason.
* Weapons acquired from a vehicle are correctly loaded (e.g. M136AT4 launcher stored on Bradley).
* Fire and smoke from a burning vehicle appear in the correct location.
* In two-player games, player #2's initial camera view is placed correctly according to the scenario design.
* Fixed a problem with the choice of "mixed branch" in Quick Battles.
* Javelin flight path improved for short-range shots.
* Corrected an issue with the muzzle flash on the M1114-M240 vehicle.
* T-72M1V tank commander buttons up to use the remote-controlled 14.5mm MG.
* Haze graphics smoothly fade as the camera view moves up to higher elevations, allowing for better player control at long distances. It also corrects an issue where high camera elevations could not see map terrain at all under haze conditions.
* Fixed an issue that was causing the in-game FSAA option not to activate FSAA if the video card's control panel was set to "application controlled".
* Intro video plays on certain video cards where it was previously not visible.
Plus all the fixes and improvements from the earlier v1.04, v1.03 and v1.02 patches!