* Prevents buffer overrun errors and also removes the requirement for a CD rom at startup.
* Fixes for server-crashing security bugs.
* Several external programs may not work, resulting to game-crashing.
his latest patch for Halo includes all earlier patches and fixes, as well as:
* Fixed the crash on startup bug relating to the intro movies.
* Anisotropic filtering is now off by default.
* A significant number of reported game crashes are related to an external library called keystone.dll (such as 'There is a problem with your game installation. You may need to reinstall the game to fix it'). Microsoft has updated this library to address the most common failures. These crashes would usually occur when changing screen resolution, when starting or quitting Halo PC, when chatting in a multiplayer game or when using ALT-TAB to minimize Halo PC and return to Windows.
* Halo can now be bound to a specific IP address using the -ip command line argument. (facilitating multiple NIC support for Halo Dedicated Servers)
* Halo can now read/write data files to a user specified folder using the -path command line argument. This is particularly useful for Halo Dedicated Servers but also be used for users whose 'My Documents' folder is remapped to a UNC path. It is an advanced option and using it will force you to manually move saved games and multiplayer gametypes.
* Online Multiplayer: Telefrag message is now appropriately replicated.
* Online Multiplayer: Minor fixes to switching teams in kill-in-order games (score will now remain accurate)
* Online Multiplayer: Minor fixes to the end of the game state (new players now have to wait for the game to be restarted before being admitted to the server)
* Online Multiplayer: Fix for clients flashlight states when joining games
* Online Multiplayer: Vehicles won't re-spawn if they have a projectile (such as a plasma grenade) attached to them. They will wait for the projectile to be removed.
* Online Multiplayer: Minor fixes to using teleports for high-latency connections
* Sound: Fix for cinematic dialog being cut out on certain cards when enabling Audio Hardware Acceleration in the Audio Settings.
* After running timedemo, the last saved checkpoint is not altered anymore.
* Multiple minor bugs fixes to the Halo Auto-Updater application.
* Fixed minor card specific rendering glitches.
* Fixed the server crashing issue when a certain program is used.