Copyright (c) 2011 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.
This free update is sponsored by Sprocket http://www.sprocketidea.com/, the online store where you can buy Arma 2 and other games directly from the developers.
* ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 2 from 1.05 (including the Steam version, note that Verify file cache and autoupdate will not work properly until the full 1.11 is also out directly on Steam)
* DirectX 9 from February 2010 or newer is required and should be updated during the patching process automatically as needed or you can update your version of DirectX from www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/
===HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH===
Run the patch exe to apply the patch setup automatically.
It will install all content of the patch to the folder with your ArmA 2 installation (default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2).
Please note that it is not possible to rollback to a previous version after the installation of this patch, only a full reinstall of the game is possible, if you want to keep your previous version you may want to backup the entire game installation folder before applying this patch.
Engine 1.10-1.11 Changelog
* Fixed: Signature Check Timeout issue.
* Fixed: When a player was JIP-ing, traffic for all other players was significantly reduced
Missions 1.10-1.11 Changelog
* Fixed: Bitter Chill mission Get In destroyed HMMWV (M2) traps Razor Team inside forever(http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18658)
* Fixed: Manhattan mission Cpt. Shaftoe is sometimes killed by his chair because his feet are sticking through it.(http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25560)
* Fixed: Manhattan mission GPS COORDS 000003 marine misplaced at top left corner of map (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20154)
* Fixed: Manhattan mission Task: Escort contact to LZ Lagushina can teleport herself to helicopter (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12265)
* Fixed: Bitter Chill mission Task: Reach CDF positions endscene subtitles and voices are played twice (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15537)
* Fixed: Delaying the Bear mission subtitle texts and dialog voices in wrong order (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13113)
* Fixed: War That Never Was mission looking around in helicopter is not working when playing [Combined Operations] (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18503)
* Fixed: War That Never Was mission Rodriquez and O'Hara movement is terribly out of sync (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18504)
* Fixed: Only first end condition ends Freedom Fighters scenario (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18491)
* Fixed: Dogs Of War mission Notes->Situation has typing error - Vybor airoprt should be Vybor airport (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25631)
* Fixed: Dogs Of War mission Tasks Deal with Russians has error saying Russian base is at Krasnostav airport when it is at Vybor airport (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25632)
* Fixed: Dogs Of War mission GPS COORDS 075101 Chedaki POW killed by NAPA supply trucks (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25629)
* Fixed: Bitter Chill mission GPS COORDS 081060 two NAPA scouts and NAPA fighters are sometimes killed at NAPA safehouse yard (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25634)
* Fixed: First To Fight [Multiplayer] helicopter insertion kills human players 2, 3 and 4 (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25633)
Engine 1.09-1.10 Changelog
* Improved: Stronger signature checking.
* Commandline option -donothing (engine closes immediately after detecting this option)
Data 1.09-1.10 Changelog
* Fixed: USMC_SoldierM_Marksman shadow bug http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18462
* Fixed: GP-25 smoke ammo missing images http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17624
Missions 1.08-1.09 Changelog
* Fixed: I2 - mission is not failling before the takeoff.
* Fixed: C1,I1 - SD pistol mags were missing.
* Fixed: C5 - high command icons were not loaded.
* Fixed: C6 - task waypoint for transport important POW is fixed.
* Fixed: C3 - smuggler not shooting.
* Fixed: C2 - Pepan is not at the pump.
* Fixed: I1 - Shilka too strong.
* Fixed: I1 - Razor is hunting down one enemy on whole chernarus.
* Fixed: minor fixes in (CZ/RU) dubbing protocol.
* New: Free camera can be locked to plain objects like trees.
* New: New MP UI for Create Game (both host and remote).
* Fixed: Fps degradation when vehicles collided with rocks (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2490)
* New: -skipintro command line option to disable loading menu cutscenes.
* Optimized: File cache memory handling is now faster.
* Changed: foreach variable _index renamed to _forEachIndex
* Fixed: Stop firing at vehicle crew once it is dead. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5183)
* Fixed: Rpt file no longer created in local settings when -profile is used (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13308)
* Fixed: Some texture or model files not loaded from mod paths starting with @. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14039)
* Fix: Flooding of RPT file by "Cannot find Object" and similar messages after client disconnection.
* New: Scripting command HostMission.
* FIX: Engine crash with diag_log versus %
* New: MP Diagnostics logged into the mpStatistics.log file at the end of mission.
* New: VSync config option
* New: GetResolution script function
* New: forEach: variable _index added to retrieve the position of _x within the Array
* New: getVariable: default value can be defined
* Changed: Preprocessor error no longer terminates the game.
* New: getTerrainHeightASL script function
* Fixed: Reduced z-fight in scopes.
* New: event handler "fired" returns magazine name and object of projectile. Fixed: Slow animation step on some buildings (doors on LHD,..)
* Fixed: Alpha blend in fog.
* New: mergeConfigFile script function
* Fixed: Heads of distant soldiers were sometimes invisible (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4023)
* Fixed: Fired EH (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13971)
* Fixed: Person - helicopter collision not cause heli damage, (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12107)
* New: setSimpleTaskTarget script function
* Fixed: SetIdentity (relate to 73319)
* Fixed: Ammo created with createvehicle inflicts no "hit" damage
* Fixed: My own shots no longer causing a stress.
* New: WeaponAssembled, WeaponDisassembled events
* Fixed: Nearby units are notified of vehicles created by CreateVehicle command immediately now.
* Fixed: AI helicopters hovering too high when deploying troops on transport unload WP.
* Improved: Animation interpolation no longer shortening hands.
* Fixed: Relative formation command (advance/fallback/flank) now working as expected. Improved: AI mounting vehicles or catching up with formation covering a bit less to move faster.
* New: Expansions possibly registered in Windows Registry (by some future setups) are loaded and available through ModLauncher. When used with -mod commandline the prefix '%' should be used, such as -mod=%someInstalledMod.
* New: added addWeaponCargoGlobal, addMagazineCargoGlobal, addBackpackCargoGlobal
* Improved: Improved helicopter AI formation flying and collision avoidance.
* Fixed: MPEvents were not synchronized to clients after respawn.
* Fixed: leaveVehicle no longer unassigns units from other groups (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3476)
* Changed: Event handlers evaluation, EH are now processed after simulation.
* Fixed: AI soldier unable to fire at targets below or above itself (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13668)
* New: addBackpackCargo script function
* New: Multiplayer Event MPRespawn synchronized on all clients but triggered only on the client where respawn happens.
* Fixed: Client had problems taking weapon from remote vehicle (supply target was handled localy)
* New: Multiplayer Event Handlers MPKilled and MPHit. Their event handlers are synchronized over network to be the same on all clients. Moreover, when the MPKilled or MPHit event occurs it is triggered on all clients, ie. it works in global manner. Use them by new scripting commands addMPEventHandler, removeMPEventHandler and removeAllMPEventHandlers.
* Fixed: Join group changes unit's side
* Changed: Airplanes parallax HUD disabled, can be enabled by "enableParallax" in config
* Fixed: execVM with a zero sized file has freezed the game.
* Fixed: Switching vision mode with fire mode
* Fixed: AI equipped with TI see through smokes
* Fixed: Commanding units with aiming deadzone
* Fixed: crash on server when loading ban.txt
* Fixed: crash in Ka52 while player as gunner
* Fixed: Shadows sometimes disappered, esp. when sun was behind a player.
* Improved: changed tank AI driver behaviour
* New: Better clients bad CDKey checking on server.
* Fixed: Crash with AI leaving vehicle with GetOut EH (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11011)
* Fixed: Client with bad CD key is kicked off from server instead of being politely asked to disconnect.
* Fixed: Airplanes HUDs projected into infinity.
* Improved: Tracers visible in all directions.
* Fixed: Unable to connect to servers with equalModRequired.
* Fixed: AI stuck while in combat/stealth mode
* New: Explosive shells penetrate bushes; Fixed: FireAtPosition aimpoint
* Fixed: Multiplayer on LAN was crashing when GameSpy server was unavailable.
* New: GameSpy modhash key contains list of mods hashes and is used to check there are additional mods on server missing on client (yellow icon in UI).
* New: Mods contents hashes are compared instead of mods lists when equal mods are required on server.
* Fixed: Commandline -mod behavior, active Mods list in UI, ModLauncher UI dialog with better mods detection and handling.
* Fixed: Terrain shadows were too short (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12328)
* New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands
* Experimental: TCMalloc used as a memory allocator.
* New: Aircraft now auto-trims at high speed to prevent climbing.
* Improved: More 3D/2D resolution ratios (8:7 and 6:5) added.
* Fixed: Transport waited for dead unit to get out.
* Fixed: NV tracers visible in TI (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11608)
* Fixed: Decreased tank sliding.
* Fixed: Sonic Cracks and Tracers not working in multiplayer
* Optimized: Frame rate stutter near complex walkable objects (like low rock walls) caused by grass computations.
* Fixed: crew getting killed in vehicles driving from hill/slope
* Fixed: Audio unsupported sample frequency error
* Fixed: IRStrobe (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11852)
* Fixed: 3D editor - creating of logic center failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11876)
* Fixed: Unit in vehicle could not open gear in map.
* Fixed: client freezes when accessing ammobox (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577)
* Fixed: No volume drop on distance with weapon click, car horn and etc. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11689)
* Fixed: Dead player bodies disappeared after respawn.
* New: Repair vehicle and deactivate satchel charge action for enginner.
* Fixed: EEIncomingMissile event parameter
* New: Added scripting function disableTIEquipment.
* New: Artillery computer; Fire at position AI command; enableEngineArtillery script command
* Fixed: Surface sound in infinite terrain (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11430)
* Fixed: AI vision was not affected by light sources.
* Fixed: Birds were heard inside of a closed vehicle.
* Fixed: Scripting command isFlatEmpty did not work with non-zero third coordinate. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11704)
* Fixed: TI was red instead of B/W with some settings and graphics cards.
* Fixed: Night vision simulation was not simulating color sensitivity and blue shift in dark scenes.
* Fixed: Disabled debugging message "Added texture headers from file"
* Fixed: Av8 unable to takeoff from Chernarus NE airstrip (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3240) Fixed: Fog and sky colors did not match when dark. Fixed: Moon rotates when moving camera (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8051) Fixed: Stars no longer visible through terrain with low view distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8374) Fixed: Improved game stability with a small page file. Fixed: Gun recoil in ironsights view was missing kick-back (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4401)
* Fixed: possible crash after mouse click to Prev/Next button in DisplayConfigureAction
* Game is now Large Address Aware, should improve stability and allow using more RAM with 64b OS.
* File cache size increased a lot on systems with 4 GB RAM or more.
* Fixed: C130 was crashing on takeoff.
* Fixed crash http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11097
* Improved: -cpuCount=4 is now default on computers with more than four logical CPUs to prevent hyperthreading causing performance problems. If you want to use more CPUs, use -cpuCount=N to override this.
* Optimized: Geometry loading in now optimized for multiple cores. Extra threading now enabled by default on computers with more that 2 CPUs. New possible -exThreads values: 5 (thread geometry loading only) and 7 (thread all)
* Fixed: Crash while rendering some custom worlds, e.g Schmalfelden
* Fixed: Character animation jerky after a unit disembarked a vehicle (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3116)
* Fixed: Fps stayed low after spawning and deleted many units. See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5147
* New: Weather config values "size" and "height" for better control over the cloud layer. Default values: size = 1.0; height = max(bright,0.6)
* Improved: File handle management when more then 448 pbos are present is now more efficient.
* Improved: Increased limits to prevent "Too many virtual memory blocks requested" error.
* Fixed: Crash possible when loading map with older binarized format (pre 20, e.g. Schmalfelden).
* Fixed: Some objects were shortly "flashing" while changing LODs.
* Improved: Increased dynamic cloud layer visibility.
* Fixed: Shadow artifacts visible on some windows while moving.
* Fixed: Car horn not played in MP
* Fixed: Transient z-fight-like shadows artifacts while zooming.
* Fixed: AI vision was too good on moonless nights.
* Fixed: Steam Overlay used during loading screen no longer disabled the keyboard.
* New: Parameter exThreads=N to control extra threading. Following values of N are currently supported: 0 = no extra threads, 1 = file operations, 3 = texture loading
* "enablesimulation" fixed on dedicated server
* VoN volume slider
* Improved: Reduced stutter when looking around, esp. with visibility 5 km or more.
* Reduced parallax map artifacts on sloped terrain.
* HDRPrecision 16 or 32 respected when users selects it and card supports it.
* MP: Changed bandwidth estimation defaults as almost all players use broadband connection.
* Fixed: AI is now able to take off with Camel airplane addon.
* Improved AI airplane landing from very high altitude.
* Optimized: Grass not rendered when flying high and fast, should reduce stutter.
* New: Units report when reloading in combat situations.
* New: Units report when throwing grenades in combat situations.
* Fixed: AI Units called "covering" repeatedly while reloading.
* "Cover me", "Covering" was often told repeateadly after busy radio channel periods.
* Optimized: Fixed problems caused on some Vista systems by running too many threads at the same time.
* New: Scripting function hideObject.
* Fixed: Shining glasses on head preview in "edit player" menu.
* Changed: Removed relics from dynamic building destruction development, including scripting function deleteCollection.
* Improved: AI airplane now aiming at the ground targets using rudder as well.
* Fixed: Some AI airplanes oscillated sideways when flying slow.
* Fixed: Improved helicopter aiming with unguided rockets.
* Fixed: AT/RPG soldiers often missed targets.
* Fixed: Spatial weapon sounds
* Fixed: 3D resolution now maintained correctly when Alt-Tabbing.
* Improved: "Invalid crew" config error no longer exits to desktop.
* Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.
* Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.
* Fixed: Window size/position was not stored after a change.
===Update 1.07 incorporates all fixes included in previous patches, most notable are:===
Fixes and improvements in most of the campaign, SP and MP missions
* Improved: armor on MLRS, Ikarus and armored HMMWV.
* Fixed: speed indicator on M1030 motocycle.
* Fixed: geometry on "Objects - Illuminant Tower".
* Fixed: get-in points in GRAD.
* Fixed: graphics artifact on T72 wreck and pickup wreck.
* Fixed: shadows on ammo-boxes.
* Improved: iron signs on Makarov, M9 and M9 SD
* Improved: penetrability on wrecks of vehicles.
* Fixed: zeroing of silenced G36.
* Free bonus campaign Eagle Wing
* Free bonus helicopter addon AH-64D
* New Warfare multiplayer mode When Diplomacy Fails, including 3-sides and support for dimplomacy between factions
* Major AI tweaking and balancing (better combat cooperation, better situational awareness, new Suppressive fire command)
* Significant performance improvements, especially in large towns
* Fixed compatibility problems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64 with 8 GB and more RAM
* Grass now provides concealment also in distance
* Improved hit detection and damage system
* Improved object visibility and less significant objects popping in distance
* Spatial sound improvements
* Automatic launching of user made addons (units, missions etc.) via "pbo" file association with the game
* Possibility to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode at any time in game menus using Alt + Enter or through video options
* Various crash opportunities fixed
* Linux server support added (dedicated server file available as separate download)
* New GUI to various dedicated server settings
* DRM free for users of legitimate installs
* added pbo file extension support for direct launching of the simulation
* Optional BattlEye anti-cheat protection
* Airplane Heads-Up displays reworked
* Improved multiplayer and cooperative campaign (saving games, connection issues)
* Numerous fixes and improvements in the Harvest Red campaign
* Mission editor improvements
* Many new scripting functions
* Improved AI driving skills
* Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing through walls.
* Fixed multiplayer session NAT negotiation
* Multiple save slots supported
* Improved terrain shape beyond map borders
For full information about the included changes between versions 1.00 and 1.06 please visit http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Version_History