Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Patch 23 March 2012
Now Quick Match into Classic Map Cycle
- The map cycle is compose of Train, Nuke, Inferno, Dust, Dust 2, Italy, Office
- At the end of a match players will automatically cycle to a new map in the group
- New voting feature available to players via the in-game menu. Voting allows players to call a vote on the following:
- Kick Player
- Change Map
- Swap Teams
- Scramble Team
- Restart Match
- Updated Inferno radar
- Added optimized water to the fountain
- Added the water to the 2nd fountain too (near T spawn)
- Added vis blocking to ruins at fountain
- Updated inferno radar map
- Tuned fog values
- Pulled out fog band in 3dskybox
- Adjusted some model fade distances that were visually popping now
- Increased lightmap res on one surface that looked too dark
- Adjusted fog density
- Optimized tree models
- Turned off world shadowing on chain-link fence models so they cast better CSM shadows
- Increased life on helicopter from 15 to 25 seconds
- Added new helicopter path
- Adjusted fog values
- Adjusted various prop fades that were now exposed with new fog settings
- Fixed red console errors with props that were set to use VPhysics, but have no collision hull
- Fixed odd shaped crack where door connects to wall
- Added new helicopter path
- Fixed gap in wall join
- Fixed reflection effect by the dock pops in/out too near
- Fixed bit of missing geometry
- Removed satellite dish from the roof
- Fixed players getting stuck on rope floats
- Trimmed water line along ground edge to minimize water overlap of geo
- Fixed 'apartments' place name
Added new weapons:
- Sawed Off Shotgun
Added Glock 18 to CT buy menu
Adjusted player movement in response to pro player feedback with special thanks to J3di and pR
Adjusted flashbang in response to pro player feedback: effect is 25% stronger and not blocked by players
Changed it so players drop weapons when killed after being disconnected
Added clinch to demolition mode. When a team has an insurmountable lead in a match the game will end prior to playing out all of the remaining rounds. The players will be alerted to the clinching round at the start of that round
Added messaging explaining why match ends in competitive mode when game does not go a full 30 rounds
Fixed Inventory and Buy menu icons
Added ability for players to upgrade armor via the buy menu at the reduced price of Kevlar
Changed My Awards string to be more generic MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Removed the miniscoreboard avatar background for dead players
Testing more opaque team tinting for avatars in mini scoreboard
Edited opacities on avatar borders
Added surrender win condition in the win panel
Added device detection The game will prompt the player to select an ingame input device if more than one is detected
Restored chat message that says who and why the winner won
Fixed chat window to hide when you click the corner [X]
Updated pause menu
Fixed left alignment on Options submenu
Fixed typo "whileflashbanged" is now "while flashbanged"
Changed Casual mode so now all CT's receive a Defusal Kit
Fixed to how muting is set and displayed
Fixed another case of the disappearing scoreboard
Fixed awarding the Office Veteran achievement simultaneously with the Italy Veteran achievement
Fixed another case of improper music fade out
Added triggers for the dust particles so they reliably fade away after 15 seconds
Reduced scale of impact dust significantly; also reduced alphas just a bit
Elite Team ID improvement - Changed keffiya/shemagh to white.
ST6: team ID fix. - Trying a darker vest/pouch/helmet for distinct value pattern vs elite
General Bug Fixes:
Fixed occasional crash when earning certain achievements
Fixed occasional crashes for certain UI popups
Fixed an assert relating to using a bone index that may not be valid
Fixed "mp_restartgame 1" NOT setting back Arsenal Demolition game settings such as current weapon on round start.
Demo mode values were not being reset, nor were players' items being reset. The mp_restartgame convar now causes all mode values to be reset and all players' weapons (primary, secondary and grenades) to be destroyed and reset to the proper defaults.
Fixed achievements not being displayed properly when earned.
Fixed asserts that occur when the triangle reticle tries to appear over a character that's head is partially visible. This was causing the reticle to possibly appear in an invalid location while this condition occurred.
Fixed crash when invalid radar icons are de-referenced.
Fixed bug where grenades bounced off of the windows in de_lake
Fixed stutter while spectating a player in the process of ducking.
Fixed an intermittent crash when attacking with a knife.
Cleaned up unused sounds causing console spew.