The year is 5190, and the human race has been colonizing eco-planets for almost a millennia now. You are a marine pilot tasked with defending the main colony dome on planet X-2189 from an onslaught of asteroids and bombs hurled at the planet by a hostile alien race.
For those of you who remember Astrosmash on the Intellivision game system, this is my homage to a game I played on that system for hours on end.
Astrosmash 4000 is my version of a reboot of that classic game.
The core of the game remains the same: blast as many rocks, bombs, alien ships, and guided bombs as you can. However, in this version the action is faster, the controls are more responsive, and you can purchase weapons and defensive systems with an array of upgrades that will protect you longer and deal more damage than ever before.
- Highest score and highest level leaderboards
- 26 achievements available to be unlocked
- 8 upgrades available
- In-app Help system
- Pause and Resume (pickup exactly where you left off should you be interrupted)
- Option to enable/disable music and sound effects
- Universal App. Designed for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices
- Retina Display enabled
NOTE: If you have wiped your device, or installing the app on another device, there is a "Restore Upgrades" button on the Options screen that will restore all of your purchased upgrades.