Smashing Tennis was created with a specific focus: to make a game challenging and entertaining for avid, arcade tennis players. Realistic physics were incorporated into the game as best as could be done in a 2D environment, therefore, the game play is accentuated by real ball flight trajectory, as well as sound effects, which are recordings of actual tennis matches. The court surfaces also come into play and greatly vary the feel and style of game play. Each court surface offered in Smashing Tennis: grass, clay, hard decoturf courts, behaves as on real life tennis court surfaces, such that grass courts will have a fast performance with balls skidding and bouncing low favoring serve and volley players; hard court surface play involves a medium speed tennis, which gives slight advantage to fast and hard hitting players; and, clay courts, having the slowest speed but high bounce, reduce any sort of power game but will work well with drop shots.
1. Family Friendly, A Game for Both Adults and Kids
2. 1 and 2 Player Modes
3. Easy and Hard Difficulty Options (F6, F7 - laptop players must press Function Key and F Keys)
4. Adjustable Skill Levels (Strength, Precision, Speed)
5. Training Mode
6. Tournament Mode (Full version only)
7. 3 Court Surfaces: Clay, Hard (Decoturf Blue) and Grass
8. Realistic Physics and Sound Effects
9. Blinking shadow shows where the ball will land and/or if it will be out of bounds.
10. Games are automatically saved.
11. An Easter Egg is hidden in the game.