WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos by Blizzard - English retail v1.13 patch
Patch 1.13 Game Changes
o Warcraft III now supports binding an email address to your Battle.net account so that you can recover your password at a later stage, similar to the functionality that was added to D2.
o (2)Plunder Isle - Added some ground-based anti-air units to the Dragon camps; also added some trees to the top start location.
o (4)Lost Temple - Adjusted item drop in center area. Expansion gold mines should be a bit tougher. Each player's expansion gold mine now has one melee creep. The Goblin Merchant camp is now tougher and has anti-air.
# Storm Bolt stun is now 5 seconds vs. units and 3 seconds vs. Heroes at all levels. Previously, it had this level of stun at level 1, but went up 2 seconds vs. units and one second vs. Heroes each level. Additionally, level-2 and level-3 damage are now 225 and 350, respectively.
# Blizzard is now damage capped. This damage cap is invoked when Blizzard hits more than 5 targets.
# Holy Light mana cost reduced to 65 from 75.
# Stasis Trap area of effect reduced to 400 from 500.
# Shockwave now has a damage cap of roughly 12 units affected. Note that this limit will not typically be reached except in team games.
o Night Elf
# Detonate mana drain reduced to 50 from 100.
# Eating trees now heals 500 hit points over 30 seconds, up from 200 hit points over 10 seconds.
o Neutral Buildings and Units
# Creep Bloodlust mana cost increased to 75 from 50.
# Creeps with Faerie Fire always use the creep version of Faerie Fire now.
Additionally, creep Faerie Fire cooldown increased to 8 from 5.
# Creep Curse cooldown increased to 8 from 5.
# Thunder Lizard cost increased to 6 food from 5, and 150 lumber from 80 lumber.
# Sentry Wards now have 2 charges, down from 3.
# Anti-magic Potion duration increased to 15 from 10.
# Healing Wards and Ankh of Reincarnation are now level-4 items (down from 5).
# Red Drake Egg, Stone Token and Spiked Collar are now level-5 items, up from level 4.
# We have made modifications to how gold is mined. Although these changes are somewhat difficult to describe, the effect is that in almost all cases, 5 peons are required for an Orc or Human to mine a gold mine at maximum efficiency (assuming the town hall equivalent is as close as possible).
WORLD EDITOR FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS
@ Map-specific option for game data set to be used (custom vs. melee).
@ Model selection dialog now includes all doodad/destructible variations.
@ Added preference for "Automatically zoom Previewer to fit new models" (Visual tab).
@ Added "Advanced->Reset Fixed Object Heights" option. (Turn off to preserve any fixed object heights [set via ctrl-page up/down] while moving them.)
@ Increased maximum texture space for tilesets (was 12, now 13).
# Trigger Editor
@ Increased maximum length of trigger comments (was 640, now 2048).
@ "Event Response - Triggering Player" is now valid during "Dialog - Dialog
Button Click" events.
@ Added special doodad animation tags "show" and "hide".
@ Added Map Flag value "Observers on defeat".
# Sound Editor
@ Added Edit->Find command (works on sound/music list and variable list).
# Object Editor
@ Option to sort objects by name only (View->Sort Objects By Name).
@ Holding down Shift while modifying a numerical value will disable all min/max limits for that field (use with caution; this can potentially crash the game!).
@ Tech Item dialog allows selection of special multi-unit "Equivalents" (any Altar, etc.).
@ New unit fields for tier-based tech tree requirements.
WORLD EDITOR FIXES
- Item Tables dialog is accessible from Unit Properties dialog.
- Pre-placed summoned units count towards creep camp minimap icons.
- "Extra->Cinematic Arthas" model file reference is invalid.
- Game lock-up when decreasing level of "Attribute Bonus" ability.
- Excessive performance loss when units and start locations overlap.
- Doodad "fixed height" status is not preserved across undo operations.
- Pre-placed random units may have their team color set to red in game, regardless of owner.
- Unit Properties dialog does not display mana value for buildings with mana.
- Moving a start location which is on top of another start location can cause duplicate start locations.
- Random Group references used for dropped items are not displayed properly in the Object Manager.
- View menu does not always refresh properly after changing layers.
- Advanced->Adjust Cliff Levels does not adjust water height along
@ Trigger Editor
- Unit event "Uses an item" does not fire for items with unlimited charges.
- Attempting to enable a trigger does not properly validate that the trigger script compiles.
- Action "Skip Remaining Actions" can cause compile errors if used as a parameter to another function.
- "Event Response - Target Point Of Issued Order" becomes reset after a "Wait" action.
- Function menu appears in the dialog for setting variable initial values.
- "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting" option does not work for "Set Variable" actions.
- Deleting functions may corrupt the strings within other "cut" functions (manifest after pasting).
- "Event Response - Learned Skill Level" result is off by one for all levels greater than one.
- Variables dialog sorting by Initial Value does not sort properly.
- Map Flag value "Observer chat" is obsolete and causes compile errors.
@ Sound Editor
- There is no way to remove imported sounds.
@ Object Editor
- Custom "Required Animation Names" values do not display properly in the editor (works in game).
- Character limit on extended tooltip fields is too small (was 300, now 1024).
- Custom values of "Techtree - Requirements - Levels" field are not loaded properly in game.
- Hotkey field not allowed to be empty.
- Changing an object "category" does not automatically refresh the field list, if necessary.
- "Stats - Build Time" values less than 8 cause Heroes to be unable to revive.
- Object tabs do not always refresh properly after importing "all" object data file.
- Buildings with no pathing map crash the game.
- Auto Fill dialog allows any character for hotkey fields.
- "Art - Scaling Value" is not applied to building placement cursor in game.
- Pasting "True" values over "False" values does not work.
- Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.12 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.13 version of Warcraft III). Custom save games will not load from version 1.12.