has also issued a new patch for Vietcong
and Vietcong Fist Alpha
, bringing both the original FPS and the expansion pack to v1.60. This release allows Vietcong and Fist Alpha players to play together, adds voice chat support for Internet games, fixes some bugs, and more (read full story for details).
Gamer's Hell Local Download
: Vietcong & Vietcong Fist Alpha v1.60 Patch (42 MB)
Vietcong and Fist Alpha patch v1.60
- This patch allows Vietcong and Fist Alpha player's to play together (Vietcong maps only)
- Vietcong players can pick up new FA weapons from the ground and use them.
- Vietcong players can use new skins that included in FA.
- Voice chat Support for Internet games. Server can turn it off, or set it at low or high quality and clients can switch it off or on. The system calculates with player's distances and also plays the speech correctly in 3D (or 2D when client has stereo output only), console commands to set server, clients and to get current status.
- Possibility to set CTF respawn time - in the server settings window, .ded
files command and the console command too.
- new console command to set TT mode mission time and respawn time
- new console command for ignoring chat messages from chosen players
- fixed: banip works for remote admins too
- fixed: player's position is already displayed on the map in Ambush
- fixed: mladdmap console command
- improved engine anti cheat protection
- Server join message - server can set (in server settings, .ded file or by console command) some text messages, which are displayed to every client that joins that server.
- added server settings and .ded file support for 'blue booby trap' and 'Vietnam chat mode' (it was possible to set from the console only in v1.41)
- all attempts to become a remote administrator are logged on the server into devstartadmin.txt file
v1.60 new console commands for everybody.
- switch on/off ignoring of chat messages from chosen player.
- outputs the list of ignored players to the console.
set clnvoicechat [status]
- switches off/on Voice chat on client side.
- status can be 0 ( off) or 1 ( on )
- outputs server settings of voice chat and all players with voice chat enabled to the console.
v1.60 new console commands for admins and remote admins
set srvctf respawn_time_seconds
- sets respawn time limit for CTF mode
set srvtt mission_time_minutes respawn_time_seconds
- sets mission and respawn times for TT mode
set srvvoicechat [status]
- switches off/on Voice chat support on the server
- status can be 0 (off ), 1 ( low quality), 2 ( high quality )
- we suggest to use low quality on good internet servers and high quality for LAN games only.
set srvjoinmsg "Message from the server"
- enables admin to set a message that is sent to all players join the server