To go along with our interview
with him regarding the game, the great Teut Weidemann
of Wings Simulations
sends along three exclusive in-game screens
from Soldner: Secret Wars
. For some hands-on impressions check out this recent preview
of the game. Soldner: Secret Wars
is an upcoming tactical action game in the works at Wings Simulations
, that will be released by JoWooD
in Europe and Encore
in North America in March 2004.
Having proved their knowledge of military gaming with their Panzer Elite game, Wings Simulations now leads us headlong into military action in the year 2010:
After half a century of military interventions, major countries like the USA and Russia are tired of their role as the "World Police".
The consequences of their military actions for their economies, national security and internal ethnic conflicts were becoming too severe and eventually the former super-powers tired of war.
Instead, more and more countries choose increasingly unconventional warfare by using special secret forces. Military success is no longer made by major countries but by small and highly specialized mercenary troops.
In SÃ–LDNER - Secret Wars the player takes command of one of these special teams. As Commander he leads the small high tech army consisting of soldiers, light armored vehicles, helicopters and VTOL aircraft to fulfill a wide variety of mission.
The in-game simulation of this world's highly complex political system creates a dynamic campaign: each decision you make has a direct impact on the flow of the game.
* tactical military action
* Realistic virtual battlefield with advanced terrain engine with a new destruction system
* Simulation of a highly complex diplomatic system which creates the dynamic campaigns and missions
* Dynamic world generation based on digital satellite data with day and night cycle and changes in weather
* Designed for team play in a Multiplayer environment with a multitude of team missions
* Dedicated server support for up to 32 players, up to 128 players on special servers
* Dynamic single player campaigns with mission generator
* Realistic weapon systems from the research laboratories of the military industry