************ OPERATION FLASHPOINT UPGRADE 1.96 README ***************
© 2001-2004 Bohemia Interactive Studio. All rights reserved.
This package will update your Operation Flashpoint Game of the Year Edition or Resistance to version 1.96.
ORIGINAL VERSION OF OPERATION FLASHPOINT AND OPERATION FLASHPOINT: RESISTANCE UPDATED TO VERSION 1.91.
ALL LANGUAGE VERSIONS ARE SUPPORTED.
More info about upgrades and patches can be found on www.codemasters.com/flashpoint or www.flashpoint1985.com.
HOW TO INSTALL:
Multiplayer game in 1.96 version is NOT compatible with 1.75-1.91 games / servers.
- When MP mission file transfer failes, client is disconnected
- Several anti-cheat measures implemented.
- Unit killed inside a vehicle sometimes did not respawn.
- Gunner aiming was unstable.
- Visual glithes in the ingame browser.
- Faster response in various game setup screens.
- Testing of server-client mod compatibility is now possible.
Stability and Security:
- More improvements in virtual address range handling. This should prevent error messages like "Out of memory (index buffer)
- Various crash opportunities fixed.
- Better handling of virtual memory address space. When this space was exhausted, it could cause a crash or olive green screen.
- AI waypoint delays and other AI degradation was possible on very fast CPU.
- Whole partition could be deleted when DirectPlay server creation failed (this could happen when TCP component was missing or it was blocked by a firewall).
- Different file-acess technique is now used when memory mapping fails. This should prevent Cannot memory map file errors.
- Some crash opportunities fixed.
- Command "private" did not work when variable name contained any upper case letter.
- Event handlers were not saved properly (affects some 3rd party addons).
- Event handler "init" is now launched on all machines in MP game.
- Improved AI Airplane dogfighting.
- Fixed terrain lighting direction bug.
- Autocentering force did not work properly on some joysticks including MS Sidewinder FF 2.
- Some other minor bugs fixed.
1.96 - Fixed: SCUD animation caused strange visual behaviour (introduced in 1.95)
1.96 - Fixed: Long blue triangle artifacts (introduced in 1.95).
1.96 - Fixed: MP - when mission file transfer failes, client is disconnected.
1.95 - Fixed: More improvements in virtual address range handling.
1.95 - Fixed: AI units could not take any magazines.
1.95 - Improved: Several anti-cheat measures implemented.
1.95 - Improved: AI Airplane dogfight evasive tactics.
1.95 - Fixed: Airplane rudder working during flight.
1.95 - Fixed: after load, engine was off for cars, tanks and planes
1.95 - Optimized: Much faster map drawing for very big islands.
1.95 - Fixed: Rendering artifact: White dots or lines on a terrain when using HW T&L.
1.95 - Fixed: Bug in animation loading. As a result some 3rd party addons with custom animation could cause a crash.
1.95 - Fixed: Ship wobbling when going south and using mouse controls.
1.93 - Fixed: MP: Some .pbo files containing subdirectories were not accessed correctly on Linux server. This included sounds.pbo and voice.pbo.
1.93 - Improved: Nonconnectable sessions are on the end of MP session list
1.93 - Fixed: Wrong time left info position in MP session list
1.93 - Fixed: Lighting direction was wrong on terrain (bug was present since version 1.00 and even before)
1.93 - Fixed: Units inside vehicles sometimes did not respawn.
1.93 - Fixed: Autocentering force did not work properly on some joysticks including MS Sidewinder FF 2.
1.93 - Fixed: MP: Small numeric error in vehicle orientation network transfer could make gunner aiming very difficult (cursor could move with no reason).
1.93 - Fixed: Crash when SCUD launch sound loading failed.
1.93 - Fixed: Possible crash during removeAllEventHandlers.
1.93 - Fixed: Crash possible when deleteVehicle was used in waypoint "On activation" field.
1.93 - Fixed: Scripting command "private" did not work when variable name contained any upper case letter.
1.93 - Fixed: Crash when too long mod list entered
1.93 - Fixed: Crash when "variants" field in the voice config was empty.
1.93 - Fixed: Scripting command drop could cause crash when used with NULL object.
1.93 - Fixed: Event handlers were not saved properly.
1.93 - Fixed: New command line option -nomap was ignored sometimes.
1.93 - Fixed: AI waypoint delays and other AI degradation possible on very fast (~3GHz) CPU due to bad handling of high resolution timers.
1.92 - Improved: Flushing of stdout (for instant console output) on Linux.
1.92 - Fixed: Game sometimes freeze when AI rearms
1.92 - Fixed: Event handler "init" is now launched on all machines in MP game
1.92 - Improved: MP: faster response in MP-game setup (mission setup, roles assignment, connecting to server, ..)
1.92 - Fixed: Avoid delete of partition (rmdir *.*) when DirectPlay server creation failed
1.92 - Fixed: Different file-acess technique used when memory mapping fails. This should prevent Cannot memory map file errors. This alternative technique can be also enforced for all files by using command line switch -nomap
1.92 - Fixed: Crashes in MP when somebody use ammunition which does not exist on other computers (for example through mods)
1.92 - Added: New server.cfg option "equalModRequired".
When used, users with different -mod than the one used on the server cannot connect.
1.92 - Added: Testing of -mod compatibility in MP
"Operation Flashpoint"(TM) is a trademark of Codemasters. Developed by Bohemia Interactive Studio. Published by Codemasters.