The following articles were added in our dedicated section: Soldiers Heroes of World War II
Review (PC), Athens 2004 Review
Review (PS2), Spy Fiction
Preview (PS2), Rome: Total War
Preview (PC), TOCA Race Driver 2
Review (PC) and Red Dead Revolve
- Codemasters informed us that Marc Bennett is the President of its North American subsidiary - Bennett will be responsible for all sales, marketing and business development activities for North America. Bennett joined Codemasters in 2003 with extensive experience in the interactive entertainment industry, and was most recently the General Manager of North America for Codemasters, Inc. Prior to that, Bennett spent seven years at video game publisher Activision serving in a variety of business development and product development positions, most recently as Senior Director of Corporate Development.
- Crave Entertainment Group announced the appointment of Vincent Bitetti as President--Crave Entertainment, CEG's publishing subsidiary. Vincent, an interactive entertainment and software industry veteran, brings to CEG more than 15 years of experience. In 2000, Bitetti, as the CEO of Sound Source Interactive, Inc., was the architect in obtaining a new majority investment by the TDK Corporation. Under his licensing-based strategy, Sound Source was re-named TDK Mediactive, Inc.
- Crave Entertainment Group also announced the completion of a new three-year $58 million credit facility with GE Capital Corporation. The package includes a $55 million revolving line of credit for growing working capital needs and a $3 million term-loan for refinancing some existing term and subordinated debt. The previous line of credit with GE Capital was $35 million. In a related move, the privately held distributor and publisher of entertainment software announced the relocation of its warehouse operations from Rancho Dominguez, California to nearby Carson, California. The newly leased 107,000 square foot facility is more than double CEG's previous capacity.
- If you want to win Ã‚Â£1000 during the upcoming Game Stars Live event, then you have to challenge and beat renowned gamer Fatal1ty (his real name is Johnathan Wendel) who is the three-times running, reigning CPL Champion Player of the Year. The challenges which run today, Saturday and Sunday are open to everyone aged 18 or over. "And that's not the only chance to win big: at the end of the event, everyone who has registered on the PC World Component Website will be entered into a draw to win the kit Fatal1ty is playing on – a souped-up PC worth an estimated Ã‚Â£4,000. Tickets for the show are on-sale now through www.gamestarslive.co.uk, priced Ã‚Â£10 in advance or Ã‚Â£12 on the door.
- Oblivon-lost.com are hosting the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl calendar for September 2004.