has released a demo version for Conflict: Vietnam
featuring the second mission from the full game titled "Rumble in the Jungle"
(thanks: Tiscali Games
. The next instalment in this third person shooter series developed by Pivotal Games
is already available
in the UK retail stores and will ship in North America on October 4th, for PC, PS2 and Xbox.
GamersHell.com Local Download
: Conflict: Vietnam Demo (247.1 MB)
In a conflict that lasted 11 years and killed over 3 million people, four men are going to have the longest 28 days of their lives. Cut off behind enemy lines during the 1968 Tet Offensive with no way to contact help, four young, barely trained soldiers realize their only hope for survival is to head into the heart of darkness. With few rations and dwindling ammunition, the only thing that separates them from freedom is 100 miles of ruthless terrain, crawling with unseen enemies and filled with hidden booby traps. Their goal isn’t to win the war. They just want to make it home alive.
• The third game in the hugely successful Conflict series.
• Fourteen enormous missions will take players deep into the Vietnamese jungle, through small villages, into ruined temples, and down Viet Cong tunnel complexes.
• Dynamic lighting, vegetation that shifts with wind and movement, an abundance of animals, and deformable environments bring the jungle to life.
• Use performance-based points after each mission to develop your characters in 9 skill categories such as Sniper, Medic, and Demolitions.
• A revitalized control scheme allows context sensitive commands such as giving covering fire, guarding civilians, and flanking enemies.
• Splitting paths give players varying options in how to finish missions. Bonus objectives drive players to discover and explore more.
• An era-specific arsenal of over 20 weapons including assault rifles, mortars, and .50 caliber machine guns.
• A wide range of vehicles puts your squad behind the wheel of APCs, Jeeps, tanks, helicopters and river boats.
• Paranoia inducing AI with enemies that set booby traps, strike from hidden areas, and coordinate their attacks in an environment that they are the masters of.