A new version of Sands of War
, a Half-Life
mod set in the future, has been released (thanks: PlanetHalf-Life
). The update adds new map, removes health and armor from backpacks, majorly improves LQ versions of all weapons and more (check full story for details).
GamersHell.com Local Download
Sands of War v1.3 (47.9 MB)
- New map: SoW_riyaq
- Updated map: SoW_nbz
*New CoDe spawn, spawn protection and better textures
- Updated map: SoW_hangar
*Replaced crates with real detail, added structures and trees to the desert, fixed basement flag exploit and improved Aim spawn.
- Majorly improved LQ versions of all weapons. Huge performance gains!
- MP3 entity!
- New skin for the PSG1.
- Added mapcycling
- Updated sow.fgd to version 1.15
*Added support for mp3 playing entity, fixed door blocking, removed unused classes, changed some standard values and descriptions, added 3 new game entities
- Slowed down sprinting
- When changing team you only die if you aren't allready dead.
- Changed so it says "1 player" in teaminfo instead of "Players: 1".
- New way of showing the flags on the HUD
- Instead of "0" in latency it now says "Host".
- Entity respawn! (breakables still don't reset).
- Removed health and armor from backpacks
- Removed "new game" option in Steam
- Replaced the ugly crosshairs
- Crosshairs are smaller and has a better rendering mode
- Minor updates to title.txt
- Added "n" (end line) to some error/console messages.
- Flag capture gives 1 flag instead of 2 frags
- Delay before reseting the game after every flag has been captured (mp_newrounddelay)
- Freeze time when all flags have been captured and all players have respawned (mp_freezetime)
- When selecting team you can no longer select to be spectator by pressing '6'
- Delay when proning before you can deprone again.
- You can now zoom with the OICW (secondary fire).
- Moved the weaponbox away from the radar.
- Warehouse and Tigris did not meet the high SoW standards and have therefore been removed
- Fixed eye position on Walther
- Fixed loading SoW_desertmines
- Fixed missing sprite for SoW_tigris
- Fixed a bug related to being stuck when spawning
- Autoassign team now works.
- Team specific weapon models are now all selected acording to team instead of class.
- Now you don't drain stamina, when you push the sprint key, unless you're moving.
- Removed unused flag and map models
- Removed crosshair on PSG 1 while not zooming
- Bound classmenu and selectteam to "o" and "p" as default
- Fixed file extension for Desertmines info text.
- Fixed invisible tripmine laser
- The dead will now rest in peace (no more spinning corpses)
- Removed Infrared from key bindings, as it dont exist in SoW