Our gallery has been updated with some exclusive screenshots
from Cops 2170: The Power of Law
, showcasing this colorful hybrid of tactical strategy and RPG elements where players take on the role of a rookie cop as she patrols the mean streets of a futuristic, cyberpunk metropolis. "COPS 2170: The Power of Law is a hybrid of RPG and Tactical Strategy. The central storyline unfolds in the future where the cyberpunk culture and a highly-urban oriented society have populated North America. Players will control Katrin and her team of up to 7 police agents attempting to eliminate the criminal element in their metropolis"; as usual, hit read more for the full lowdown"
. In the works at MiST Land
, COPS 2170 The Power of Law will be released in North America by Strategy First
One day you will wake up and see the world around you changed. You won't feel this right away. As usual, you will put on your uniform and go to work. You won't even find out about it after a day or two.
It's just that while you were sleeping someone made a decision. And it will affect you. Sooner or later.
But you will find the one responsible for setting this mechanism in motion, find him and wipe him out.
Because the decision made was a wrong one and because you are part of the huge army of law. And power is on your side!
* The main hero is Kati, officially Katrin. A graduate of the police academy, an excellent student, an athlete and simply a beautiful woman. So far she has been living in an ideal black-and-white world. She just wants everyone to be happy. Her fate is part of the game plot. Possibly, after destroying yet another evil empire, she will remain a naive child believing in good and fairness, on the other hand, she could become a follower of the "good is good, but you can't make everyone happy, so just take care of yourself" theory. Who knows...
* A lot of people are concerned about the mission-by-mission approach of the game, but you have to remember that it is not quite the same approach everyone is used to. Life goes on and the main hero - Katrin will be confronted with missions predetermined by the scenario. The world will not stop moving, it won't wait while we are wondering about somewhere. It will develop based on it's own laws, but, we will be able to choose our own path within the boundaries of this living world and such choices, made early in the game could unexpectedly have a consequence towards the end. You could play the game several times, each time following a different plot line. There will be other allies, other events going on in the world, even the weapons available will be different. A new mechanism for scripting plot events and the system of "unevident" occurrences included in the game will often lead to changes in the main game plot, even if caused by the most insignificant player actions.
* Every mission in "Power of Law" is a battle. Therefore concepts for the levels were first and foremost considered from this point of view; all quest or adventure elements were added later. Yet, it is necessary to point out, that some levels become more or less a combination of puzzles for people who like to explore the world, if the "peaceful" plot branch is chosen.
* In addition to battles, almost all levels contain several "mini plots", appearing at random with each new game. This was made possible by the significant increase of level size, which now turned into complete neighborhoods with a lot of buildings; combat range may now be up hundreds of meters.
* The "Power of Law" is not just made up of brawls among small groups, taking place in confined quarters. It's made up of large-scale street conflicts, with both sides using not only firearms, but also robots, cars and tanks. The game encourages the use of vehicles.
* As far as missions are concerned, almost every mission in "Power of Law" is unique. These are - suppressing riots and taking care of a local crime boss, arresting a criminal authority and protecting an important witness, defending the police department and last, but not least - large-scale police operations, assault of huge corporative office buildings declared beyond the law. You won't have time to be bored!
* We make the best sound in Russia, and in "Power of Law" we've managed to raise the standard of quality even higher
* The new graphics engine allowed for the creation of truly fantastic levels, which are required in the cyberpunk style of the game. Because cyberpunk is a fairy play of light and shadows, neon and metal, flares of gunfire and clumps of compressed air disappearing in the wake of bullet trails... Is it even necessary to talk about the attention paid to this aspect of work on the project? The result is a new library of special effects allowing to implement even the most fantastic ideas of the art designers!
Minimum PIII-800, 128mb, GeForce 32mb video
Recommended PIV, AthlonXP, 256 mb, GeForce 3 128mb video
The game is optimized for the Intel Hyper Threading technology