announced that SuperPower 2
, the geopolitical strategy game developed by Canadian studio, GolemLabs
has gone gold and will ship in North America on October 6th and in Europe on October 20th. Be sure to grab the demo
where you are Russia and you are trying to re-build the USSR.
DreamCatcher’s SuperPower 2 Goes Gold
Toronto, October 1, 2004 – DreamCatcher Games today announced that its geopolitical simulation phenomenon, SuperPower 2 has gone gold.
Like no other game on the planet, SuperPower 2 grants regular citizens Presidential powers as they seek world domination, but they’ll need intelligence, political-savvy and a touch of shrewdness to be successful. Players build up their own countries and increase influence in the broader world while competing against a sophisticated A.I. They will also have to master economic sanctions, political alliances, and military actions to wage battles. The craftiest gamers are able to fine-tune each country’s performance, from creating or breaking treaties, to making strategic decisions in particular military conflicts.
SuperPower 2 is developed by Canadian studio, GolemLabs, whose original SuperPower sold more than 200,000 units. The game has an ESRB rating of ‘T’ for Teen in North America and “3+ PEGI” in Europe. The title releases in North America on October 6th and begins shipping for Europe on October 20th.
SuperPower 2 Features:
• 193 real countries equipped with realistic data drawn from the CIA World Factbook, the United Nations and U.S. Military databases.
• Sophisticated A.I. designed to realistically simulate each country.
• Real-life combat situations, with multiple forces joining and leaving battles as the balance of power shifts.
• Real-time gameplay and Modular units building.
• Solo scenarios and “sandbox mode”, as well as full Multiplayer support for up to 32 players in a variety of styles, including world domination, economic master, and many others.
About DreamCatcher Games:
DreamCatcher Games is a fast-growing publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for both core gamers and the mass market. Established in 1996, DreamCatcher is committed to publishing great games on Xbox™, Windows® and other gaming consoles. Visit www.DreamCatchergames.com for further details.
GolemLabs is a French-Canadian developer based in QuÃ©bec, founded with the mission of designing original and intelligent games to satisfy a growing need of novelty and freshness to the video games industry. The company’s first title, SuperPower, struck a cord with more than 150,000 gamers worldwide and GolemLabs intend to recreate the experience with games that are always more innovative and clever.