has released a new trailer from Innerloop
's upcoming tactical 1st person shooter, IGI 2: Covert Strike
. You can view the streaming movie right here
. IGI 2: Covert Strike is scheduled for a September 2002 release.
: Thanks to Frans from Blue's News for letting us that this trailer is the same as the E3 trailer released last month :)
IGI 2: Covert Strike pits IGI operatives against terrorist groups from around the globe. The varied multi-objective based gameplay will include hacking data satellites to launching space shuttles, bombing oil refineries and escorting convoys. Reconnaissance elements provide for a new style of FPS multiplayer gaming, blending stealth and surveillance with action and gunplay.
* Stealth gameplay - You are encouraged to use subtlety and intelligence, rather than brute force, in order to overcome an obstacle.
* Story driven single-player game - Hero David Jones is once again at the forefront of preventing international terrorism, world catastrophe and betrayal at the very highest level.
* 9-mission campaign set in real world locations spanning three continents, from all-out base assaults to covert surveillance and infiltration; thefts and escapes in outdoor and indoor, urban and rural environments.
* More than 30 guns and other accurately modelled real-world weapons, including: knifes, pistols, assault and sniper rifles, sub machineguns, miniguns, rocket launchers and grenades.
* High-tech equipment and game elements - thermal imaging devices, electronic doors and switches, sentry guns, security cameras, alarm systems, base security systems, digital binoculars, and a portable map computer showing real-time satellite data.