After yesterday's Xbox screenies (story
has now issued a new batch of screenshots
taken from the GameCube version of Burnout 2: Point of Impact
. Developed by Criterion Games
, this racing game will be published in May 2003.
Returning to the streets in what promises to be the most adrenaline-filled arcade driving game of the year.
The sequel to Burnout, which was originally launched in November 2001 to universal acclaim from media and consumers alike, Burnout 2: Point of Impact delivers an incredibly fast and high-action driving experience, with vastly improved gameplay, new game options and bigger, better and more insane crash carnage. Burnout 2: Point of Impact boasts larger tracks, fully tuned-up custom motors and all-new thrilling crashes. Reckless driving is rewarded with an improved Burnout meter: take to the air, slide through corners or swerve to avoid a near head-on collision to fill the meter before unleashing an adrenalin fuelled speed boost. A new points system allows you to unlock challenges and modes throughout the game.
Developed by Criterion Games, Burnout 2: Point of Impact includes modes such as ‘Pursuit’, which allows drivers to race a police car in hot pursuit of opponents whilst attempting to ram them off the road. The brand new “Crash” mode allows drivers to perform the most insane crashes and incredible pile-ups ever seen in a video game.
Gamecube fans can leave their sanity at the starting grid and prepare for the white-knuckle ride of their life. The Gamecube version of Burnout 2: Point of Impact boasts major improvements and is all set to take pole position as the best driving game on the console, taking the genre to a new level, with stunning graphics, white-knuckle foot-to-the-floor gameplay and improved crash-scene carnage.
* PRODUCT FEATURES:
* Offensive Driving 101, where you can "Learn to Burn" from the Burnout Driving School.
* All-new Pursuit races allow players to race a police car and ram opponents off the road.
* Crashes are bigger, badder, and more heart-stopping than any seen before: Vehicles deform and car parts fly across the highway!
* Gamecube version includes 15 more crash junctions than PlayStation 2 version. This mode is now twice the size as the PS2 game mode.
* Advanced lighting effects such as Bloom Lighting: highlights reflect off of windshields and metal exactly as in real-life.
* New Custom Series Mode that allows you to race modified vehicles complete with body kits and decals.
* Progressive scan and Dolby Pro-Logic II support. Six new United States locations, including Miami, Los Angeles, The Rocky Mountains, New Mexico and a busy international airport.
* Thirty new stages to drive with fourteen all-new vehicles.
* Seven secret vehicles to unlock including police cars, 1950's hotrods and stock cars.
* Realistic weather effects, such as snow, rain and fog.
* All-new points-based championship gameplay structure.
* Vehicles can get air and earn boosts by jumping. Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviours.
* Upgraded graphics engine.
* TECHNICAL FEATURES: Significant increases in polygon count and texture size.
* True specular reflections with specular mapping.
* True specular lighting with specular mapping on all surfaces.
* Dynamic weather effects including rain and snow.
* Anti-aliasing and flicker filtering.
* Progressive scan TV support for NTSC version.
* Dolby ProLogic II support.
* Specular bloom effects for ultra-realistic specular lighting and halos.
* More "Hollywood" style crashes.
* Enhanced traffic system supporting complex intelligent behaviours.
* State-of-the-art CPU opponent AI with advanced humanistic spatial awareness.
* Enhanced engine audio model including real-time distortion processing.
* Dynamically mixed context-sensitive audio streaming.
* Reflective surfaces.
* Enhanced instance rendering.
* Enhanced streaming technology.
* Non interrupt-driven texture upload system for higher performance.