Ubi Soft Entertainment
TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL
(c) Ubi Soft 2002
DETAILS - PATCH 1.1
The patch fixes the following bugs:
* RenderingModeNormal.cpp: Fix Radeon 9700 rendering issue with double sided reflective transparent surfaces.
* ETexSFX.utx: Fix "static wall/floor fire" texture issue + water quality issue.
* UnShadowProjector.cpp: Fix visibility issue with dynamic actor being clipped by the visibility engine and still being rendered because of the static shadow texture cache. Massive performance improvement on shadow filtering by removing 5 passes from the filtering algorithm.
* ETexEGO.utx: Fix reflection issue on moving vehicles in Chinese 2 (Feirong limo and Unimog truck).
* 0_0_2_Training.scl: Fix projector not associated to light gameplay object and causing detection (lightmeter) in the first gun trial.
* EButterfly.uc: Butterfly is now a soft body actor to disable the static shadow texture cache when a butterfly is in a projector range.
* EFish.uc: Fish is now a soft body actor to disable the static shadow texture cache when a fish is in a projector range.
* EPCSoundConfigArea.uc: Fix a bug with the real time sound slider when one of the slider was set to 0 then playing until a map transition happened, then all sounds sliders were reset to zero.
* UnRenderVisibility.cpp: Software light beam rendering is now used by any card unable to render the shadow buffer algorithm to allow for the GF2MaxDistance parameter to take effect.
* Most maps: General design quality improvement with shadows.
* For all cd-rom's 16X or lower (16X, 12X and 8X), you must choose the full install. Splinter Cell will not function properly with minimal install.
* We recommend closing all applications when playing the game.
* We recommend not installing the application in the Windows folder or in the root of the C: drive.
* Microsoft(r) DirectX(r) 9 included in the CD-ROM.
* DirectX Latest Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads
* Splinter Cell PC does not support Game pads.
* Please note that on supported 32MB video cards, you are forced to play with minimal specs (minimal resolution 640x480; minimal shadow resolution and minimal shadow details).
* We do recommend to use the latest graphic card drivers:
- For the NVidia GeForce2-3-4 owners (see above for supported cards), we recommend the 41.09 drivers.
Very important: set performance&quality settings to application.
You can get the latest NVidia drivers @ http://www.nvidia.com
- For the ATI Radeon, recommend the Catalyst 2.5 (6218 for 2000/XP) or better.
You can get the latest ATI drivers @ http://www.ati.com
- For the Matrox Parhelia owners, we recommend the 1.02.00.042 drivers.
You can get the latest Matrox drivers @ http://www.matrox.com
* You can get the latest Hercules drivers @ http://www.hercules.com
* You can get the latest Creative Labs drivers @ http://www.creative.com
* For more information visit our site http://www.splintercell.com
* Minimum Configuration:
- 800 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon
- 256 MBytes RAM
- DirectX 8.1b
- 32 MBytes video card
- DirectX 8.1b compatible sound card
- 8x speed CD/DVD-ROM drive
- 900 MBytes Hard Drive Space
* Recommended Configuration:
- 1000 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon or better
- 256 MBytes RAM or better
- DirectX 9
- 64 MBytes video card
- DirectX 9 compatible sound card with surround system
- 24x speed CD/DVD-ROM drive
- 1,6 GBytes Hard Drive Space
* Splinter Cell supports the following graphic cards
- Nvidia GeForce2 Ti/Ultra/Pro/GTS/MX400/MX
- Nvidia GeForce3 family
- Nvidia GeForce4 family
- ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9500/9700
- Matrox Parhelia
Before contacting Ubi Soft Entertainment's Technical Support Department, please browse through our FAQ listings or search our support database at our website,
Here you will find the most recently updated information since the games release.
Also please make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, as our support representatives will be unable to assist customers whose computers do not meet these criteria.
Whenever you contact the Technical Support Department, please include the following information or have it available if you are calling:
* Complete product title (including version number)
* Exact error message reported (if applicable) and a brief description of the problem you're encountering
* Processor speed and manufacturer
* Amount of RAM
* Operating system
* Video card that you are using and amount of RAM it has
* Maker and speed of your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
* Type of sound card you are using
Contact Us Over the Internet
This is the best way to contact us. Our website is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week and it contains the most up to date Technical Support information available including patches that can be downloaded free of charge. We update the Support pages on a daily basis so please check here first for solutions to your problems http://support.ubi.com/
Contact Us by E-mail
For fastest response via e-mail, please visit our website at:
From this site, you will be able to enter the Ubi Soft Entertainment Solution Center where you can browse through our listings of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), search our database of known problems and solutions, or, for fastest e-mail response, you can send in a request for Personal Assistance from a Technical Support Representative.
It may take up to 72 hours for us to respond to your e-mail depending upon the volume of messages we receive.
Contact Us by Phone
You can also contact us by phone by calling (919) 460-9778. Note that this number is for technical assistance only. No hints or tips are given over the Technical Support line. When calling our Technical Support line, please make sure you are in front of your computer and have all of the necessary information listed above at hand. Be advised that our Technical Support Representatives are available to help you Monday-Friday from 9 am- 9 pm (Eastern Standard Time). While we do not charge for technical support, normal long distance charges apply. To avoid long distance charges, or to contact a support representative directly after these hours, please feel free to use one of the other support avenues listed above. E-mail issues usually receive a response within 2 business days.
Contact Us by Standard Mail
If all else fails you can write to us at:
Ubi Soft Technical Support
3200 Gateway Center Blvd
Morrisville, NC 27560
Ubi Soft Technical Support
5505 St-Laurent blvd, suite 5000