After the traps a couple days ago (story
), Ubi Soft
today revealed more details about the fight system in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
. The development team has created a host of fighting moves that would serve the Prince well - and amaze gamers - during his clashes, such as attacl, retrieve, block, vault, freeze, counter-attack, wall attack, and more. Check the new movie to see some of these moves, and go to our gallery
for some brand new screens.
Gamer's Hell Local Download
: Prince of Persia Sands of Time 'Combos' Movie (10.7 MB)
FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT
He's got the best training in all of Persia. He's an agile, athletic hero yearning for combat. And he's about to embark on the battle of a lifetime as he struggles to recapture the Sands of Time, the most powerful magic ever unleashed, which have wreaked havoc on the labyrinthine Palace in which he finds himself trapped. As he confronts an army of evil Sand Creatures, he'll need to rely on every last skill he's learned - and become a war-scarred hero along the way.
So, aside from years of instruction, what's behind the Prince's fighting skills? And what kind of moves will help him vanquish his foes?
The fight system in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was developed according to a very simple principle: it had to be spectacular. Creative Director Patrice Desilets and his team worked to implement the level of swordsmanship and combat found in previous Prince of Persia games. They and drew three imaginary distance-based circles around the Prince: near, close and far - and created numerous animations that deliver a fluidity of movement regardless of range: for instance, Attack-Near-Front; Attack-Close-Front; Attack-Far-Front; Attack-Close-Back; Retrieve-Far-Right . . . and so on.
Whether slashing, blocking, or using his dagger to retrieve the Sands of Time from a felled enemy's body, the Prince wields his equipment like a master. Desilets and the development team also created a host of fighting moves that would serve the Prince well - and amaze gamers - during his clashes, such as:
* Attack: The Square button initiates a sword attack
* Retrieve: Use the Triangle to retrieve Sand from an enemy
* Block: The R1 button enables the Prince to block attacks from an enemy
* Vault: Press the X-button in the direction of an enemy, and vault over them. This can be very helpful in getting out of tight situation and repositioning the Prince for optimum attack (press the Square button for a Vaulting Attack - follow with the Triangle button for a quick retrieve)
* Freeze: Press the Triangle button - if you have enough Sand in the dagger, the enemy will freeze - and become a sitting duck - if there aren't enough Sands for a Freeze, the Prince will execute a dagger attack
* Counter-Attack: Press and hold the R1 button to block, and wait until the enemy strikes, then press the Square button to launch a devastating counter-attack. This takes a bit of practice, but once mastered, it can fell an enemy in a single blow
* Counter-Retrieve: Press and hold R1 to block - when the enemy strikes, press the Triangle button to do a quick retrieve and destroy the enemy
* Wall Attack: When fighting near a wall, use it for rebound attacks. Point the left analog stick toward the wall, and press X + Square to launch a rebound attack straight at the enemy. Or, press X twice to rebound and jump over the enemy's head
PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME IS SCHEDULED TO SHIP FOR PLAYSTATION 2, XBOX, GAMECUBE, GAMEBOY ADVANCE AND PC IN NOVEMBER 2003!