After a false start last week, Activision
has now issued the final patch for Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion
, bringing this 3D RTS add-on pack by Creative Assembly
to v2.01. This release fixes some single- and multiplayer bugs, removes a command line cheat, and more (read full story for details).
Gamer's Hell Local Download
: Medieval Total War Viking Invasion v2.01 Patch (5.6 MB)
Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion v2.01 patch
- Fixed a bug where cavalry would receive a charge bonus ad infinitum under certain circumstances.
- Removed a command line cheat that would unlock the camera giving an unfair advantage on the battlefield.
- Reinforcements in campaign battles now appear in the order selected in the pre-battle screen.
- Kings will no longer die of old age at exactly 56 years.
- All multiplayer players will now appear in the Medieval: Total War chat room and can talk to one another. Please note that Medieval: Total War games will not show up for Viking Invasion players and vice versa.
- The occasional crash/lockup bug when a player quits from a multiplayer game has been eradicated.
Savegame formats are not affected.