***** OPERATION FLASHPOINT: RESISTANCE Upgrade 1.94 BETA README *****
© 2001-2003 Bohemia Interactive Studio. All rights reserved.
| o o |
| O |
| _/ |
This package will install RESISTANCE Upgrade 1.94 BETA to your Operation Flashpoint directory.
This update is in BETA form and may contain bugs and errors not mentioned in the Readme file. A final version of this update will become available in the future. Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive Studio accept no responsibility for problems caused by downloading or installing this update.
ORIGINAL VERSION OF OPERATION FLASHPOINT AND OPERATION FLASHPOINT: RESISTANCE. Patch 1.91 installed.
More info about upgrades and patches can be found on www.codemasters.com/flashpoint or www.flashpoint1985.com.
HOW TO RUN:
First run OFPPatch_1_94BETA.exe. This will install FlashpointBETA.EXE to your Operation Flashpoint directory.
To run new Beta version of OFP you need to go to your Operation Flashpoint directory and manually start FlashpointBETA.exe.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Double-click on "My Computer" on your desktop.
2. Go to your OFP directory. Usually C:Program filesCodemastersOperation Flashpoint
3. Double-click on FlashpointBETA.exe.
Multiplayer game in 1.94 version is NOT compatible with 1.91 games / servers. Notice that you can still play 1.91 version while 1.94BETA is installed - simply run FlashpointResistance.EXE or use links in your Start menu.
WHAT'S NEW IN 1.92/1.94
- Various crash opportunities fixed.
- Better handling of virtual memory address space. When this space was exhausted, it could cause a crash or olive green screen.
- AI waypoint delays and other AI degradation was possible on very fast CPU.
- Command line option -nomap was sometimes ignored.
- Fixed terrain lighting direction bug.
- Autocentering force did not work properly on some joysticks including MS Sidewinder FF 2.
- Unit killed inside a vehicle sometimes did not respawn.
- Gunner aiming was unstable.
- Visual glithes in the ingame browser.
- Command "private" did not work when variable name contained any upper case letter.
- Event handlers were not saved properly (affects some 3rd party addons).
Stability and security:
- Whole partition could be deleted when DirectPlay server creation failed (this could happen when TCP component was missing or it was blocked by a firewall).
- Different file-acess technique is now used when memory mapping fails. This should prevent Cannot memory map file errors. This alternative technique can be also enforced for all files by using command line switch -nomap
- Some crash opportunities fixed.
- Faster response in various game setup screens.
- Testing of server-client mod compatibility is now possible.
- Event handler "init" is now launched on all machines in MP game.
1.93 - Fixed: MP: Some .pbo files containing subdirectories were not accessed correctly on Linux server. This
included sounds.pbo and voice.pbo.
1.93 - Improved: Nonconnectable sessions are on the end of MP session list
1.93 - Fixed: Wrong time left info position in MP session list
1.93 - Fixed: Lighting direction was wrong on terrain (bug was present since version 1.00 and even before)
1.93 - Fixed: Units inside vehicles sometimes did not respawn.
1.93 - Fixed: Autocentering force did not work properly on some joysticks including MS Sidewinder FF 2.
1.93 - Fixed: MP: Small numeric error in vehicle orientation network transfer could make gunner aiming very difficult
(cursor could move with no reason).
1.93 - Fixed: Crash when SCUD launch sound loading failed.
1.93 - Fixed: Possible crash during removeAllEventHandlers.
1.93 - Fixed: Crash possible when deleteVehicle was used in waypoint "On activation" field.
1.93 - Fixed: Scripting command "private" did not work when variable name contained any upper case letter.
1.93 - Fixed: Crash when too long mod list entered
1.93 - Fixed: Crash when "variants" field in the voice config was empty.
1.93 - Fixed: Scripting command drop could cause crash when used with NULL object.
1.93 - Fixed: Event handlers were not saved properly.
1.93 - Fixed: New command line option -nomap was ignored sometimes.
1.93 - Fixed: AI waypoint delays and other AI degradation possible on very fast (~3GHz) CPU due to bad handling of
high resolution timers.
1.92 - Improved: Flushing of stdout (for instant console output) on Linux.
1.92 - Fixed: Game sometimes freeze when AI rearms
1.92 - Fixed: Event handler "init" is now launched on all machines in MP game
1.92 - Improved: MP: faster response in MP-game setup (mission setup, roles assignment, connecting to server, ..)
1.92 - Fixed: Avoid delete of partition (rmdir *.*) when DirectPlay server creation failed
1.92 - Fixed: Different file-acess technique used when memory mapping fails. This should prevent Cannot memory map
file errors. This alternative technique can be also enforced for all files by using command line switch -nomap
1.92 - Fixed: Crashes in MP when somebody use ammunition which does not exist on other computers (for example through
1.92 - Added: New server.cfg option "equalModRequired". When used, users with different -mod than the one used on the
server cannot connect.
1.92 - Added: Testing of -mod compatibility in MP
"Operation Flashpoint"(TM) is a trademark of Codemasters. Developed by Bohemia Interactive Studio. Published by