Over 100 years have passed since the last encounter with the Vonari. The Alliance has used the time to research and reverse engineer advanced alien technology in an effort to better confront the Vonari threat. The result is a new breed of powerful spacecraft and weapons. But a mysterious development by the Vonari is about to shake humanity's confidence at its core...
Arvoch Conflict brings new elements of real-time strategy, resource management, and control to the traditional theme of first person perspective 3D space combat simulation. Offering a wide range of ways to play and modify the game, it provides a unique feature packed template for space-sim fans to engage in.
- Single player campaign spanning several systems with objectives that include rescue, recovery, mine field clearing, ship protection, exploration, patrol, planetary surface strikes, defense system placement, and much more. As your experience and rank increases, you'll be given access to far more powerful ships and weapons.
- Freeflight/test fly, instant action, and multiple training sessions help players learn the skills necessary to master the game and advance their career as a squadron commander.
- Dynamic battle scenarios. While briefing intelligence is usually very accurate, conditions and events during the course of a mission can effect variables such as enemy reinforcements and support. Dynamic battle conditions often mean a mission will be different each time it's played.
- All-new multiplayer system that lets you manage settings and connections from one master screen. And for the first time, take your squadron with you into multiplayer to battle against other players and their unique squadrons. Unite with other squadron commanders using the clan ID system and battle as teams.
- Over a dozen new ships are introduced nearly all of which can be flown by the player. The new range of ships also adds new classes including scouts, interceptors, bombers, and cruisers.
- You are in complete control of every mission situation, including training, instant action, and even the campaign itself. If you want to change a certain mission situation, modifying those parameters is as simple as opening a text file in an editor and changing values.
- Command your squadron with specific instructions and even order individual ships to complete desired objectives. Your ability to lead and plan is now just as important as your combat skill.
- Simulation of various environmental elements including gravity and atmospheres (drag, lift, descent burn/glow, maneuvering limitations, etc).
- Supports NaturalPoint's TrackIR 3D head tracking system. TrackIR captures the player's head motion to control the in-game view from the cockpit independent of keyboard, mouse, joystick, or gamepad inputs.
- New graphics engine that includes vastly improved lighting and textures along with new elements like HUD indicator shadows and reflection/gloss effects. Missile contrails, advanced particle effects, lens flare corona haze, and multiple light source illumination effects are also new features of the engine.
- High resolution scenery textures for nebula backdrops, planets, clouds, and more help add to the new look, environmental immersion, and feel of the game.
- High quality sounds with improved enviromental effects.