In a nutshell: From the battlefields of WWII to Vietnam and the present day, the awarding winning online series goes back to the future where the M-1 Shermans have been swapped for giant battle walkers. The lowdown: Swedish developer DICE arenít predicting a happy future for the world as the European Union fight it out with the newly formed Pan Asian Coalition for the last remaining resources on Earth. Never mind about the politics though as you take control of high tech weaponry never before made possible in a Battlfield game, including walking robot tanks, futuristic aerial gunships, high speed antigravity recon vehicles and more. On foot you get to use EMP grenades, sentry guns, smart mines, cloaking devices and more as you jump in and out of vehicles at will. As ever the game is primarily an online affair but experience this with a full squad of allies and youíll never want to play alone again. Most exciting moment: The best new mode of the game is called Titan where you have to destroy the opposing teamís giant flying warship by first taking down its shields and then boarding it to destroy its inner core. Since you ask: The multiplayer mode supports up to 64 people at a time and depending on how well you do you can win equipment, medals and other rewards to use in your next match. The bottom line: The Battlefield universe expands again, putting the SF into Semper Fi. HARRISON DENT
- Lethal Vehicles-- Gamers control menacing Battle Walkers that stalk the land and futuristic gunships that patrol the skies.
- Titan Mode-- Wage epic-scale war to defeat your opponent's Titan, a massive flying warship, controlled by the team's commander.
- 64-Players Online-- Experience all-out war with Battlefield's legendary multiplayer for up to 64 players.
- Real-Time Persistence-- To the victor goes the spoils! Equipment, medals and other rewards are awarded in-game and in real time.
- Customizable Abilities-- Gamers can expand their abilities and blend multiple player classes to match their play-style.