Some of the new features in Alpha 5:
- Inventory customization.
- Random mission generator.
- Persistent trooper roster.
- Cover system.
- Improved AI (both enemy and friendly).
- New maps.
- Full firearms modding.
Some of the new features in Alpha 4:
- Trooper Deploy Screen.
- Go Codes can now be combined with actions: detonate doors on GoCode, throw grenades on GoGode etc.
- New maps, including the first House Call map.
- Added ambiental sounds to maps.
- Persistent orientation waypoint/side-stepping: Ctrl+RClick drag on a trooper or on a waypoint and he will keep looking in that direction until ordered otherwise.
- Friendly AI: troopers will now investigate the direction they are attack from.
- Enemy AI improvements: new patrol/investigation strategies.
- Added graphical representation for the flashbang grenade's effect falloff.
- Modified grenade physics (explosion time will be adjusted dynamically depending on distance to target). A minimum explosion time still remains.
- Current trooper's path is now highlighted in relation to the others.
- When drawing a path, a potential action waypoint will be shown on the objects you can interact with, letting you know the position from which you can interact with them.
- Easier to tweak paths: just naturally click and drag on the path to adjust from that point.
- GoCodes can be triggered with 1/2/3 keys as well as the a/b/c keys.
- Trackpad-friendly controls: the SHIFT key is converted to right-click (feedback is appreciated)
- New HUD + many other graphical improvements.
- Door spy camera can now be moved freely while in paused mode (based on communities' voting).
- The detailed statistics for a completed map are now saved and displayed when clicking on the stars button.
Door Kickers Alpha Gameplay Trailer #2 (HD) 20.46MB - 24 downloads - 24 May, 2013
New in Alpha 2:
- Action waypoints: can add waypoints anywhere on the path, Right Click on the path.
- Aim Points: Can order troopers to "look this direction" at specific points, Right Click + Drag on waypoints.
- Go Codes: you can now synchronize your team using "Hold for Go Code" waypoint action.
- Door breaching: Locked doors - blow them up (needs setup) or use manual breaching (instant but noisy).
- Trooper status: ammo/inventory/injuries are now displayed on each trooper's tooltip.
- RollCall trooper names: bought the game with the Roll Call (or above) tier? Your name is now in the game! Feature to be improved in next versions with persistent squads!
- Limited number of flashbangs/breaching charges, you'll have to think more strategically from now on.
- New maps.
- Gameplay and visual improvements to existing maps.
- New game mode - Stop Imminent Execution - you have a very limited time to reach the key hostage and save him.
- New enemy - AK47 baddie - deadly rifle, but semi-auto only and handicapped by poor sight system.
- New voices/sounds with more variations.
- Many other technical and gameplay improvements and fixes.
Door Kickers Alpha Gameplay Trailer (HD) 29.81MB - 80 downloads - 2 April, 2013
Door Kickers is an innovative realtime tactics game that puts you in charge of a SWAT team.
Analyze the situation, plan team routes, choose equipment and breach points and coordinate multiple troopers to reach the hostage room before the bad guys get to press that trigger.
Its all about timing, coordination, breaching charges, flashbangs, hostages with a gun to their head, and precision shots that save the day - but this time in a top down perspective, and you're the mastermind.