Eight hundred years prior to the start of our story, bitter conflict divided all of mankind. A handful of colonists struck out on their own to begin anew - far away from the Earth and its turmoil. Several ships were launched with enough equipment and supplies to give the hundreds onboard a fighting chance - but since the area around far-off Sirius had never been surveyed, no one really knew what to expect. What they found was
- Open-Ended Universe - Play missions randomly or follow the storyline. The universe is open for exploration, and the game evolves based on the decisions you make. Demolish pirate bases or supply depots and watch the political fallout. Lane Hackers go after cargo vessels if you disable trade lanes. Support your local cop...or not. The choice is yours but the universe won't wait for you.
- Dynamic Reputation - Your choice in missions, your successes, your failures...they all change your reputation constantly. Play as a Naval Officer and everyone associated with the Navy will treat you better. Become a pirate and hunt down cargo vessels and youll soon have friends in low places. The missions youre offered and the technology you have access to all depend on who you become.
- Distinctive Styles of Play - Chase the almighty dollar, disrupt the corrupt government, enforce the law, chase human prey...every game is different. Want access to easy money? Become a Lane Hacker: take dowenemies blind. Politics and intrigue are everywhere in the universe. If you have what it takes to be a CEO here on Earth....
- Intuitive Interface - Master the intricacies of space combat via mouse. Don't have a joystick? Hate all those buttons anyway? A mouse and a keyboard puts you in the game.
- Multiplayer - Join with friends and conquer the universe together. Play cooperatively or competitively on player-hosted server worlds. Fight together as you take on missions too difficult for the lone wolf. Bait and ambush pirates, flank trade lanes, and employ tactical complexity beyond the reach of the solo Freelancer. After all, carefully wrought alliances make the universe what it is.n cargo ships and sell the goods on the black market. Feeling noble? Join the Liberty Navy and help make th