OOTP lets players run a major league team from top to bottom, setting lineups and pitching rotations, determining defensive and offensive strategies, and making dozens of game-time decisions, such as when to steal a base or employ a hit-and-run. A play-by-play text stream, combined with a visual representation of what's happening on the field and such audio effects as the crack of the bat and the roar of the crowd, make an OOTP game session feel like a radio broadcast.
* Manage your own baseball franchise
* 2011 opening day major league rosters, including full minors
* Play any historical season from 1871 through 2010
* Create your fictional leagues, adjust rules and options
* Play solo or multiplayer in online leagues