Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones has a lot to live up to, in order to satisfy fans of both The Sands of Time and Warrior Within. Although the latter was more commercially successful many have argued that The Sands of Time was the better game, with more involving puzzles and a more engaging main character. This second sequel aims to combine elements of both with the Prince returning to the besieged city of Babylon. In escaping from capture he inadvertently gives life to the Dark Prince – an evil alter ego with quite different powers. As the game progress you can switch between the two characters by stepping into fire, with each using their different weapons in even more gruesome ways than before. The Dark Prince’s Daggertail is particularly deadly, being a sort of long spiky chain with a blade on the end that works rather like the whips from Castlevania. As the latest in a long line of games to take inspiration from Grand Theft Auto the whole game is set within the city of Babylon, which is yours to explore as you wish. Although there are no vehicles to carjack you can take part in some particularly brutal chariot races, if you get tired of walking and jumping around. Whether this ends up being the best Prince of Persia yet rather depends on how much you like The Sands of Time, but it certainly is the most attractive with some superb graphics and enough new features to make Warrior Within seem even more lacking than ever. -- Harrison DentThis preview is based on an incomplete version of the game; features or problems mentioned above may not appear in the finished game.
- Manipulate time to surprise enemies: Execute powerful attacks against entire armies by slowing down or rewinding time, or surprise them by using some all-new Sands of Time powers.
- Play and master two distinct characters: Wield the powers and weapons of two master warriors with different combat styles, attitudes, and histories.
- Expanded Free-Form Fighting system lets destroy enemies in your own style--strangle from afar with the deadly Daggertail or use a new stealth art to inflict surprise decapitations and other attacks
- Battle freely through Babylon: Dominate enemies on the perilous rooftops, dodge through chaotic streets, and ambush pursuers in dark, underground passageways.
- Immerse yourself in a dramatic story: Experience unparalleled depth in storytelling as you fight your way through a twisting tale filled with adrenaline, tension, and discovery.