In 1986, a massive explosion rocked the Chernobyl power plant, resulting in the worst nuclear disaster in history. Every since, the area surrounding Chernobyl has been plagued by mounting energy disturbances, rendering the region letal to those with even the most advanced protective equipment. In 2012, unauthorized expeditions finally succeed in exploring the region, now known as "The Zone". Among those entering are S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s, poachers who risk their lives in search of radiated artifacts that command high prices on the black market. But they are not alone. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. s must avoid the Ukrainian military and fight off mutant creatures that now reside in the region while simultaneously competing against one another for the prized artifacts. One S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will venture deep inside the heart of Chernobyl where "The Zone's" true past and even darker future is revealed.
- Fight for your life in this 1st-person shooter and role-playing combo game
- Free non-linear exploration of 20 square miles of actual Chernobyl terrain
- Unsurpassed AI offering computer opponents with life-like intelligence
- Immersive plot; 8+ different endings; day/night cycle and weather system
- Intense multiplay action supporting up to 32 players