Tribunal expands the scope of Morrowind and includes more of what made Morrowind such a great game. It offers a large and detailed world, alien landscapes, and a great deal of intrigue, as well as the freedom of exploration unique to Morrowind. The basic plot embroils your character with two members of the Tribunal, a cadre of god-like people who watch over all the land. Theres something afoot in the isle of Mournhold, and its up to you to get to the bottom of it. Tribunals biggest addition is more real estate. An entire new island can be reached as soon as you install the game; you need not complete Morrowind first, but it helps because the story picks up from where the main game left off. Mournhold was designed as a response to players who felt Morrowind was too easy for high-level characters--its a dangerous place to be. Thankfully, you can hire mercenaries or pack animals to help you out, and a new journal helps keep track of quests. Some Morrowind fans might be disappointed that the new landscape isnt as big as Morrowind. Part of the problem is that travel is a breeze: an in-game mechanic makes it quick and easy to get from point A to point B, but you lose the fun of hitting all points in between. Still, if fast transit isnt your thing you can hit the mainland for some hiking. The graphics remain state-of-the-art and the new monsters and content are beautiful and well crafted--this is what happens when a talented team can spend all their time creating adventures, rather than worrying about creating the tools and game engine. Tribunal is well worth the time and money for fans wanting a bit more Morrowind to explore. --Andrew S. Bub Pros: More Morrowind to explore Tighter focus, better quests Better high level content Cons: More linear than Morrowind No guild quests
- The Elder Scrolls III - Tribunal expands the thrilling and magical world of Morrowind, and gives you the chance to reach a higher level as you see & do more than ever!
- In this new expansion pack, you'll travel to the massive city of Mournhold, for all-new adventures
- Battle against all-new creatures, and old enemies with new powers and abilities
- Meet the god-kings, Almalexia and Sotha Sil, as you become charged with new quests
- New adamantium weapons and armor, combined with new magic, help you create high-level adventurers who can handle anything