If you have so far resisted the draw of people-management game, The Sims, then this deluxe pack might just swing the scales. The Sims allows you to create, direct and manage the lives of SimCity's residents. Each need (e.g., Hunger, Comfort, Hygiene) can be met by interacting with other Sims or objects--throw a party with the help of a rocking stereo system, and watch your Sims' Social and Fun ratings improve. One gameplay goal is to improve your Sim so he or she can climb the career ladder, which nets him or her more money, which allows the purchase of higher quality stuff. Eventually, your Sim will have a mate, kids and a mansion with an indoor pool. Livin it Up: Whether you're the occasional Sims player or one of the die-hard fan who's seen the one-hundred-hours congratulation message, The Sims--Livin' It Up expansion pack will rekindle any flame starting to go out for this game. The Sims--Livin' It Up expansion pack has more swings and bells on it than a Christmas tree in a castle, and of course in true Sims style all this is possible. The range of new gadgets and gizmos to play with is just as impressive--and if you are an avid Web fan then you will notice some of the downloads here, especially the gerbil and balloons--but Maxis have realised this and have been busy creating many other features. New career paths with over 50 jobs have now been included. Become a psychic investigator or a musician, a slacker or a journalist, and they all come with new toys to play with at home. If this isn't enough, the game also includes new neighbourhoods to try out if you've run out of space in the current one, although the only drawback is that you can't move from neighbourhood to neighbourhood. The Sims--Livin It Up is a great addition to the original, having you completely hooked again in no time, and saving up for those ever elusive expensive items, in this case the automatic robot maid. --Stuart Miles
- Start out with the original Sims -- a hilarious game where you actually have to control a person's life from start to finish!
- Give them a look, find them a job, keep them happy and get them a nice place to live -- if you do, you'll be rewarded with some of the comical game scenes around!
- Once you've done that try out the great expansion pack, Livin' Large. where you have to give your Sims the high life, and help them keep it
- There's also new objects, all-new skins, new designs for walls and floors, and two new themes - Roman and Science Fiction
- You can even create the perfect Sim for yourself using the amazing new Creator tool!