Battleground Europe is the first volume in the Virtual Battlefield Series and features the armies, vehicles, weapons and equipment found on the battlefields of Western Europe 1939-1942.. Report for duty to the first-person, online action game where players choose to fight alongside and against thousands of other players on the battlefields of western europe. Grab a rifle and experience heart-stopping infantry action or choose to advance your skills in one of dozens of accurately modeled combat vehicles, naval vessels or aircraft. Succeed and help the cause of the Allied or Axis forces. Fail and watch your side get pushed back and struggle for a foothold. You will be part of an army of thousands of soldiers; pilots, riflemen and sailrors who can ultimately win the war by conquering the various strategic points (towns, cities, docks, airfields) on the map. Progress is tracked and reported in real time as each battle unfolds.
Rise in rank to create missions, designate objectives, organize supply and other strategic elements based on your position in the command hierarchy. First person environment with over 6km Line of Sight. Over 80 different vehicles and weapons available, including air, land and sea types. Multicrew features allow more than one player in the same vehicle. Realistic weapon ballistics. A variety of chat communication options for those with broadband connections, including area chat, community chat, brigade chat, squad chat and even the interception of enemy communications as garbled transmissions! Personal combat stats and career record, campaign stats and global stats. Very reasonable monthly subscription rates after the first month of playing online.
- Up to nine simultaneous personas / careers for each player.
- One activation key for 30 days of FREE play - a US $19.99 value!
- A persistent world with a map up to 1200km x 1200km, supporting over 10,000 players and over 600 towns and thousands of other strategic points such as bases, bridges, factories, airfields, harbors, deep water ports, etc.
- Play as the British Expeditionary Force, the French Army or the German Army with equipment from 1939 - 1942.
- Fly fighters and bombers, drive or command tanks, boats and trucks, jump from planes as a paratrooper, fire rifles, machine guns, anti-tank guns and anti-aircraft guns, depending on your preference.