Freekstyle, while generally a strong game, can't help but be the lesser cousin of EA Sports Big's smash hits SSX and SSX Tricky. The moves are more complicated, the learning curve steeper and the charm significantly less for this title compared to its more successful predecessors. And woe to you should you miss a steep jump and expect to hit restart, as in SSX. You'll be forced to take that jump again, with much less velocity than before you wiped out. You'll need to hit it over and over--a fact that makes initial play somewhat tedious. Still, it's unfair to punish Electronic Arts for their past perfection. On its own, Freekstyle has plenty to keep motocross fans happy: courses both for tricking and racing; real world riders and complicated road maps filled with pleasing secret shortcuts. --Jennifer Hauseman
- Nine different venues challenge riders to take on some of the most outrageous freestyle terrain on tracks such as Rocket Garden, Crash Pad II, Monumental Motoplex and the ultimate big air course, Big Sky
- Over 80 tricks including the McMetz, Saran Wrap, Superman Seat Grab, The Roll, The Helicopter and the 360 - score big with them or, better yet, combine'em for bonus points.
- Choose from any of eight different riders with their own unique attitude and riding style including freestyle sensations Mike Metzger, leader of the Metal Mulissha, Brian Deegan, Stefy Bau, Clifford "The Flyin' Hawaiian" Adpptante, Jessica Patterson and Greg 'Albee' Albertyn.
- An Innovative scoring system challenges even the most fearless dirt demons to hold that Lazy Boy for just one more second.
- Fly high and take names in Circuit, Race and Freestyle, Freeride game modes.* Topped off with a freekstylin' soundtrack that will bring forth the daredevil in anyone who picks up the controls