Turn up the heat from the defensive side of the ball with Madden NFL 2005. All-new defensive pre-play controls and defensive AI enhancements give your "D" a broad arsenal of weapons and the new Hit Stick gives you the chance to lay that big hit that turns the game in your favor. The new Storyline Central feature, groundbreaking graphics and customizable fans are other great innovations from the leader in video gaming football.
- New Online features - log into Madden's online area and see a customizable live ticker, which can communicate real-life sports scores to you, as well as updates on what your online friends are up to. You can set up tournaments either in the game itself or on your PC through a web-based interface. Tournament alerts and messages from other players can be sent your way via an upgraded EA messenger function, which can be set to forward text messages to you via e-mail or to your cell phone via SMS
- New Hit Stick Change the momentum of a game by using the right analog stick to make a huge hit, force a turnover, and send the crowd into a frenzy. Time it just right or youll get burned for a big play.
- New Defensive Playmaker Control You are now in complete control on defense. Modify pre-snap assignments, including double teams and player-specific match ups, for any defensive player on the field.
- New Storyline Central Get inside the NFL like you never have. Now your games are impacted by the stories that surround your team. Satisfy your star WRs demands or watch your team chemistry suffer. Get the scoop from local and national newspapers, email from assistant coaches, and Tony Brunos weekly radio talk show.
- Enhanced Franchise Mode Players now react to everything that happens in the franchisereward a hard-working player by naming him team captain or trade away unhappy players. The new game-by-game progression system rewards players for their performance during the season.