If ever a film was overdue for the console treatment it is Rocky. The game is full of the atmosphere of all five films. From Rocky's humble beginnings to his crowning glory as the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, this game has the lot. Take control of the Italian Stallion in your effort to beat the rest--including Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang (aka Mr T), Ivan Drago and Tommy Gunn--and be the best. Like most boxing games it has the usual exhibition and sparring modes, but being licensed from a film it also has the all-important movie mode, which is where the fun starts. Progress through the fights to unlock each new opponent en route to meeting your big movie rivals. After each fight you'll need to improve your fighting prowess by training; you can do this the hard way, under your own steam, or opt for the auto-train mode which improves your precious stats for your next bout. Finish the movie mode and unlock the knockout tournament and prepare for some intense button bashing. With the ring full of boxing sims the question is "Which one packs the biggest punch?" Rocky, with its great graphics, great combos and the all-important great gameplay, is the top contender. --Rob Holliday This review refers to the Xbox version of the game
- All New Career Mode: Fans of Rocky will now be able to discover the back stories of Drago, Clubber, Apollo, and Rocky prior to the events of the movies.
- Authentic Training Games: Rocky fans can now experience first hand the pain, sweat, and determination it takes to be a champion through 8 authentic training games inspired by the Rocky films. Fans will have to chase chickens, pump up in Dragos high Tech Soviet facility, and work out in Clubbers gym.
- 2-Player VS Training Mode: Rocky fans will now have the chance to face off to see who can push themselves to the limit, just as Rocky and Apollo did in Rocky III.
- 40 Opponenets from the films: Recreating the Rocky experience to the smallest detail, Rocky fans will be able to take control of 40 boxers that all appeared or mentioned in the 5 Rocky films.
- Movie Venues: Creating the Rocky nostalgic feel, fans will immediately recognize locations taken directly from the film such as the Philadelphia Art Museum, a Casino on the Vegas strip, The Docks in Philly, and the Russian training camp from Rocky IV.