EA's PGA Tour series has been going for the best part of a decade now, most recently with the endorsement of the world renowned Tiger Woods. The 2004 version includes seven new courses, five new professional golfers (including Justin Rose, John Daly and Australian Adam Scott) and a new season mode that challenges you to obtain sponsorships from real golf-equipment manufacturers throughout your career and drive to surpass Tiger Woods himself as number one on the overall money list. One of the most interesting new features is the Create-A-Golfer option, which lets you design a golfer that looks just like you or, if you so desire, a grotesquely deformed mockery of your least favourite celebrity--the choice is yours. If you do well in the main game you can even win new clothes and accessories for your virtual golfer to wear while competing in a variety of new modes, including World Tour, Long Drive Shootout, Best Ball, Alternate Shot, Stableford Scoring and Battle Golf. Whichever aspect of the game you're most interested in, this is the most realistic golf game ever made--until next year anyway. --David Jenkins
- With our revolutionary new EA SPORTS Game Face, you can build yourself from scratch and take on the pros while improving your skills with each solid performance.
- Play as or against over a dozen top pros, including Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Justin Leonard, and new golfers like John Daly and Adam Scott.
- Five new courses have been added to all the old favorites like Pebble Beach Golf Links and St Andrews Golf Links.
- Graphical and gameplay enhancements mean more ball control and more realistic weather and terrain conditions.
- Expanded Career Mode lets you take your golfer through a World Tour to earn money and sponsorships.