Battlefield 2: Modern Combat features a propaganda fuelled single player campaign where gamers see both sides of a conflict in one of the most treacherous regions in the world - Kazakhstan. Gamers will plunge headlong into the fog of war and must ultimately choose sides in a furious showdown where nothing is as it seems. It also delivers the Battlefield franchise's trademark multiplayer action, delivering fierce 24 player online battles. Fighting for one of 4 sides - the US, the European Union, the Chinese, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition - players armed with the latest modern weaponry and can choose to control any of the 30+ vehicles in the game. Own the battlefield with more than 50 state-of-the-art weapons. Complete each unit's unique ?Battlefield Moment? to earn ?Battlefield Points? and unlock rewards including upgrades, and promotions. Upgrade your unit with new equipment, including thermal vision for the sniper rifle, more destructive mines faster tanks and more. Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank through promotions. Go from a private to a general as you lead your unit to victory.
- An all-new story-driven single player mode drops players deep into an action-packed war framed by government-sponsored propaganda forcing gamers to choose sides and decide the outcome.
- More than 10 maps for online multiplayer action for up to 24 players**. Clan support VoIP and a deep stat tracking system help round out one of the deepest online console shooters to date.
- Take control of more than 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, amphibious craft and fast attack vehicles.
- Choose to battle as U.S., European Union, Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
- Step into the boots of multiple solider classes including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat engineer and Combat Support units.