Close Combat: First to Fight is an authentic, team-based first-person shooter created under the direction of active-duty United States Marines fresh from the front lines of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. Set in a modern mid-eastern urban battleground, players lead a four-man Marine fire team through the perils of modern urban combat. Together with the United States Marine Corps and Atomic Games, Destineer has created First to Fight as a training simulation for use by the Marine Corps and has now made it available to gamers.
- Provide covering fire, provide assistance when a teammate is pinned, and find the right strategy for the urban combat you'll face
- Call in the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) -- get air support for Cobra helicopters and ground support for M1 Abrams tanks
- Make sure you follow all rules of engagement -- the biggest challenge any Marine can face
- For added challenge, you'll have to manage the psychology of your teammates - make sure confidence stays high and avoid giving orders that are questionable
- Two very different modes of play - More casual, traditional shooter action in Normal Mode or try Simulation Mode - where enemies are more precise, and teammates will take on more damage