In a nutshell: Mexico City has been overrun by terrorists and only the Ghost Recon team can restore order – through the use of extreme violence. You command not just your three team mates but a high-tech array of weapons, armoured vehicles and aircraft.The lowdown:Although it still plays very similarly to the last Ghost Recon game, this is easily the most impressive of the series so far. The graphics, particularly on the Xbox 360, are extraordinary with a whole city sprawling out in front of you at a previously unimaginable level of detail. Unlike some squad based shooters the controls are simple and intuitive, allowing you to take part in the action and order about soldiers and vehicles at the same time with the minimum of fuss. The questionable artificial intelligence of your allies is the only serious flaw, but the ability to explore the city and plan your attack from any angle usually overcomes this problem.Most exciting moment: Calling in a helicopter gunship as you and your men are pinned down by a dozen terrorists, snipers and tanks.Since you ask:The game is set in 2013 and all of the high-tech weaponry is based on equipment the U.S. expects to have in operation by then – even the Metal Gear Solid style flying recon drones.The bottom line:Incredible graphics and one of the best squad based shooters ever.Harrison Dent
- This game is playable on the Xbox Live Online System. For a full list of Xbox Live products, click here!
- Become the soldier of the future: Gain access to the future of military technology. Using a fully integrated combat system with cutting-edge weapons and communication systems, gamers will embody the soldier of the future.
- Revolutionary feature: Use the revolutionary Cross-Com, a communication device powered by satellite technology. Attached to the soldier's monocle, the Cross-Com provides full situational awareness and command of the battlefield.
- Stunning urban environment: One capital, multiple locations. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon(R) 3 takes place entirely in Mexico City, one of the world's largest cities.
- Top-notch multiplayer experience: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon returns to deliver industry-leading multiplayer and cooperative gameplay.